I am very very very frustrated, I tried everything:

Installing new BIOS,

Installing new mobo drivers,

Installing new Video Card drivers,

Installing the UltraATA drivers from intel,

set BIOS to default

reassemble the hardwares,

but nothing seemed to work...

Here's the problem, I have a Celeron 700 @ 900, CUSL2-C, GF4 Ti4400, with the newest 44.3 Det FX Drivers from NVIDIA. And DX9.

Whenever I play a game, probably when the DX engine is initialted, i can play the game for 10 minutes without SLOWNESS, then after 10 minutes or so, it would often SLOW-DOWN to 1FPS/s, more like Playing the game in slow motion, for 10 seconds, then comes back to normal game play, about 60fps/s. I have tried it on many games, same result.

This has never happened before, just happened today. Now I didn't use computer for half a month. And I doubt anything physically damaged anything, if it did, it would probably stop working.

I flashed my mobo with the tweaked BIOS that forces AGP4x even if you OC CPU(ASUS CUSL2-C has a safty feature that turns off AGP4x if you OC 140Mhz or more).

Someone please please please please help. If you have AIM please get on, my sn is PrudensOptimus, help help.

tomz

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
I did that last night, didn't seem to have any effect on it. Could it be DirectX? I have DX9, but now when I visit MS DX SIte, they said DX9a is out,... I don't know what dx i got, i got that 30mb dx90_redist.exe file.

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
click start, run & type Dxdiag and click OK... it will come up & give a number like 4.09.000.000

try your CPU non overclocked (and if you're gf4 is overclocked put it to normal speed as well)

Hmmm, wonder if I can get a valid page fault ???
these invalid ones are far too commonplace...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by marneus on 05/20/03 01:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

JimmyDean

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2003
If you start up the computer and it says No 80 conductor cable installed then its only running at ATA33 which sux. Get a new cable. Also make sure the page file is big enough.

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>

tomz

Distinguished
May 18, 2003

And my cables are ATA133 fine cables. Everything else runs smooth, just that when gaming, after 10 minutes of gaming, it starts this weird slow down, then after a while comes back normal, then slow down, repeat..

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm.
excessive swap file usage perhaps?
It could also be an agp apature size issue, try decreasing the size in the bios.

<b>My PC is so powerful it developed AI and enslaved me in a make believe virtual world... called Freelancer</b> :lol:
<A HREF="http://www.picturetrail.com/master_poobaa" target="_new">PooBaa's Pics!</A>

G

Maybe you would see some rogue process if you compared the task manager before and during these events.