Vision webpages non-existent. What's going on?

I wasn't able to use Vision at all this weekend due to "Sprint updating
critical systems to deliver a better experience" or some such B.S.

Now, when I use my phone to log onto Vision, I don't see the traditional
Vision homepage (listing "Entertainment", "News", "My Account" - info).
Instead, it's Google.

When I click on "Get New Games" or "Get New Applications", I also see
the same Google search page. I can go through to all my saved bookmarks
just fine, so I haven't lost the ability to connect to anything
non-SprintPCS related... but all the useful Sprint links aren't there
anymore.

Shutting down the phone and/or explicitly restarting the browser doesn't
solve things. Is anyone else seeing this problem??
9 answers Last reply
More about vision webpages existent what

    "Michael Dautermann" <myke@maniac.deathstar.org> wrote in message
    >I wasn't able to use Vision at all this weekend due to "Sprint updating
    > critical systems to deliver a better experience" or some such B.S.
    >
    > Shutting down the phone and/or explicitly restarting the browser doesn't
    > solve things. Is anyone else seeing this problem??

    Same here. I was just waiting to see if it changed.

    WTF!! I had exactly the same problem this weekend here is Southern
    California. When I would try to access the Sprint Home Page, I would get
    mobile.google.com.

    "Michael Dautermann" <myke@maniac.deathstar.org> wrote in message
    >I wasn't able to use Vision at all this weekend due to "Sprint updating
    > critical systems to deliver a better experience" or some such B.S.
    >
    > Now, when I use my phone to log onto Vision, I don't see the traditional
    > Vision homepage (listing "Entertainment", "News", "My Account" - info).
    > Instead, it's Google.
    >
    > When I click on "Get New Games" or "Get New Applications", I also see
    > the same Google search page. I can go through to all my saved bookmarks
    > just fine, so I haven't lost the ability to connect to anything
    > non-SprintPCS related... but all the useful Sprint links aren't there
    > anymore.
    >
    > Shutting down the phone and/or explicitly restarting the browser doesn't
    > solve things. Is anyone else seeing this problem??

    "Michael Dautermann" <myke@maniac.deathstar.org> wrote in message
    > I wasn't able to use Vision at all this weekend due to "Sprint updating
    > critical systems to deliver a better experience" or some such B.S.
    >
    > Now, when I use my phone to log onto Vision, I don't see the traditional
    > Vision homepage (listing "Entertainment", "News", "My Account" - info).
    > Instead, it's Google.
    >
    > When I click on "Get New Games" or "Get New Applications", I also see
    > the same Google search page. I can go through to all my saved bookmarks
    > just fine, so I haven't lost the ability to connect to anything
    > non-SprintPCS related... but all the useful Sprint links aren't there
    > anymore.
    >
    > Shutting down the phone and/or explicitly restarting the browser doesn't
    > solve things. Is anyone else seeing this problem??

    I had the upgrade screen you mentioned above last week. Seems to be working
    fine now for yours truly. Your problem might just related to your specific
    market ...

    Bob

    In article <9v4Ne.8760$ns.4389@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I had the upgrade screen you mentioned above last week. Seems to be working
    >fine now for yours truly. Your problem might just related to your specific
    >market ...

    only an hour or two after I sent out my posting, it appears that
    the PCS Vision pages are back to "normal".

    At first glance, everything seems the same. I wonder if they made any
    actual enhancements?

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:10:05 GMT, myke@maniac.deathstar.org (Michael
    Dautermann) wrote:

    >In article <9v4Ne.8760$ns.4389@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    >Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I had the upgrade screen you mentioned above last week. Seems to be working
    >>fine now for yours truly. Your problem might just related to your specific
    >>market ...
    >
    >only an hour or two after I sent out my posting, it appears that
    >the PCS Vision pages are back to "normal".
    >
    >At first glance, everything seems the same. I wonder if they made any
    >actual enhancements?

    If they're lucky, none that you'd immediately notice. Enhancements
    would most likely be for increased capacity and to support specific
    new products & services.

    --
    Paul Miner

    "Paul Miner" <pminer@elrancho.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:10:05 GMT, myke@maniac.deathstar.org (Michael
    > Dautermann) wrote:
    >
    > >In article <9v4Ne.8760$ns.4389@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
    > >Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I had the upgrade screen you mentioned above last week. Seems to be
    working
    > >>fine now for yours truly. Your problem might just related to your
    specific
    > >>market ...
    > >
    > >only an hour or two after I sent out my posting, it appears that
    > >the PCS Vision pages are back to "normal".
    > >
    > >At first glance, everything seems the same. I wonder if they made any
    > >actual enhancements?
    >
    > If they're lucky, none that you'd immediately notice. Enhancements
    > would most likely be for increased capacity and to support specific
    > new products & services.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Miner

    As far as I know, the upgrade was for the Vision Home page, as I could still
    use Vision, accessing bookmarked pages. As for any changes, there was one
    listed in a previous thread under the news link, with local TV news links. I
    see something new on the home page, and that is "Vegas to Moscow" Live
    Webcams. When clicking on that link, it appears to be an ad for a new
    $4.95/mo. application.

    I haven't noticed any other changes, but in saying that, I don't usually
    access many of those main links on the home page.

    Bob

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:10:53 GMT, "Bob Smith"
    >I haven't noticed any other changes, but in saying that, I don't usually
    >access many of those main links on the home page.

    Well, the main website is now sporting the new Sprint logo. Looks
    like Sprint is changing from red to Nextel's
    heavy-construction-equipment yellow.
    Joe Huber
    huber.joseph@comcast.net

    I don't know about you but I just accessed the web on my Nokia VGA1000 and
    there
    is no change in the screen access. I have heard of some virus attempts on
    cell phones.
    Maybe you have just received a virus that now points you to the Google site?
    Anyone
    else having this problem?

    Bill

    "Michael Dautermann" <myke@maniac.deathstar.org> wrote in message
    >I wasn't able to use Vision at all this weekend due to "Sprint updating
    > critical systems to deliver a better experience" or some such B.S.
    >
    > Now, when I use my phone to log onto Vision, I don't see the traditional
    > Vision homepage (listing "Entertainment", "News", "My Account" - info).
    > Instead, it's Google.
    >
    > When I click on "Get New Games" or "Get New Applications", I also see
    > the same Google search page. I can go through to all my saved bookmarks
    > just fine, so I haven't lost the ability to connect to anything
    > non-SprintPCS related... but all the useful Sprint links aren't there
    > anymore.
    >
    > Shutting down the phone and/or explicitly restarting the browser doesn't
    > solve things. Is anyone else seeing this problem??

  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Bob Smith wrote:
    > I could still use Vision, accessing bookmarked pages

    I called CS the other night when I got nothing but Google
    on Vision. As usual, first level didn't have a clue
    about what was going on. With some difficulty, I finally
    got them to transfer me to Vision tech support. That person
    immediately said that "only the home page wasn't working"
    (in her words). When I said that I couldn't get anything
    but Google, she explained that if I used Google to search,
    that I could then get to any link that Google displayed.

    I appreciated the information, but I couldn't get Google
    to display the link that I needed. I gave up, drove home,
    and used the home computer.

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers