Video cards for a newbie.

nagan

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
hi, all

I am putting up a system from scratch. It will be mainly used with Photoshop and a little bit of video editing (some introduction parts with COOL 3D Studio maybe). I am looking at two cards: GeForce3 Ti200 and GF4 Ti4200.

1. From the descriptions on pcusa.com, I think the Ti200 is great with Photoshop graphics, and the Ti4200 is better with audio and games (which I don't play). Which one should I get? If the Ti4200, besides from doing great in video, also does everything in displaying Photoshop images like the Ti200, I have no trouble getting it.

2. Either one has a TV-out, is that enough to output my litle video clips to my VX2000 camera, which has RCA (and S-Video) connections?

3. The motherboard has Audio out, is it enough for me to connect speakers to it? In other words, I wanna save and live without a sound card.

Thanks,

Go with a Matrox card (G450/G550) which will have better image quality than both the cards you listed.

The GF4ti has more power but is still hampered by the same quality issues of the GF3.

If all you're doing is photo/video editing, then the Matrox cards are your best choice.

But the two you listed will have the same visual quality. IF they are the same price then I would go with the GF4 simply becaue it will give you a more powerful GPU to do alot of other things other than gaming especially 3D aimation/modeling. Even in the SPEC perf. charts the GF4ti outshines the GF3tis.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK

TRENDING THREADS