Sprint cell plan with used phone?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
August 18, 2005 9:20:53 PM

Buddy of mine has cell plan with Sprint. He just
upgraded his phone and would like to sell me his old
one for $20.

Its a nice little phone. Pretty new and comes with all
accessories.

Will Sprint let me start and account with them WITHOUT
a contract if I buy this phone? Have a month to month
contract only?

John

More about : sprint cell plan phone

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 2:13:16 AM

In article <kd2ag1hdhj0tnrbo5gqg3e5nodmu7ts4ne@4ax.com>, me@privacy.net
says...
> Buddy of mine has cell plan with Sprint. He just
> upgraded his phone and would like to sell me his old
> one for $20.
>
> Its a nice little phone. Pretty new and comes with all
> accessories.
>
> Will Sprint let me start and account with them WITHOUT
> a contract if I buy this phone? Have a month to month
> contract only?
>
> John

The last time I looked, yes. There's a $10 monthly "premium" to do
that. And, on their web site, their plans page includes the following
small type at the bottom:

"A two-year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement is required for Sprint PCS
Fair & FlexibleSMPlans and Nights starting at 7 p.m. A one-year Sprint
PCS Advantage Agreement is required for all other plans. Month-to-month
payment options may be available depending on your plan."

The additional Night&Weekend hours are not possible without a
commitment. However, a "9PM" plan should be available.

Of course, all of this flies out the window if you're in an affiliate
market. Then it could well be something completely different.

--
RØß
O/Siris

O/Siris <rØbjvargas@comcâst.nêt> wrote:

>The last time I looked, yes. There's a $10 monthly "premium" to do
>that. And, on their web site, their plans page includes the following
>small type at the bottom:

OK

Bottom line it sounds like its too much of a hassle to
use a 2nd hand phone and doesn't save any time or money
anyway. Yes?

I'm a starving college student and "thought" I could
save money buying a 2nd hand phone and getting a month
to month plan with Sprint instead of a contract

But it "sounds" like I don't save anything at all
trying to beta the system.

John
August 20, 2005 1:28:18 AM

me@privacy.net wrote:

> But it "sounds" like I don't save anything at all
> trying to beta the system.

We did the $10/month surcharge for a couple months in 2001, while we were
making sure Sprint had the coverage we needed. It's good for situations like
that where you don't want to get hit with a $150 ETF if you cancel.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307
February 16, 2007 12:40:12 AM

Just to let you know... SprintPCS won't allow that. The only way for that phone to be month to month and have "Sprint" service is to use VirginMobile, the prepaid service, and you would have to make sure that the phone you want to use is compatible with that type of service - you will almost without question be required to buy a special sim card for it.
Questions welcomed! PM me.
!