Sign in with
Your question

Will's Work Diary

Last response: in Work & Education
December 12, 2011 10:30:51 AM

Hey guys, recently i got some work were i go to school and am earning quite a bit of money and want to share what i am doing with you. So for everyday i work i will post a reply to this thread telling you what i did and anything else.

More about : work diary

December 12, 2011 10:37:52 AM

Day 1: Monday 12th, First day at the new job, arrived and met the two guys i am working with, we were at the other campus so i didnt know my way around, the two other guys seemed pretty cool, one of them was at uni and another in year 11. After we met we were greeted by our new boss, an it guy from the school. We got to work pretty much straight away, carrying old laptops into a room were we formated them so the school could actuion them off, it took a while but after a while we all got the hang of it and only 1 of the laptops didnt work.

Next we had a break and then headed over to a pod were we formated some old dells so they could also be achuiond we moved them into the same room as the laptops. We pretty much did this for the whole day, but at the end of the day we moved some boxes from the server room at the school it was really amazing to see all the hardware in there.

I think i did well today i got along with everyone and everyting went off without a hitch, i think it will be just the same tommorow. I am now very tierd from moving all these old computers around and need some rest.
December 13, 2011 6:34:58 AM

Format only, not wiping the drive?
Related resources
December 13, 2011 10:51:34 AM

Well technically wiping the schools partition on the drive.
December 13, 2011 10:58:04 AM

Day 2: Tuesday 13th, Second day on the job same location, same time, got there and we had somone new working with us he was studying some computer thing at curtin university and needed some extra money. First thing was to carry all the bags for the laptops we had moved for the first day it was pretty easy, we found a strange looking dell laptop in amoungst the bags, it was a maroon colour and we had no idea why it was there, the it guys didint know why either. We then moved some dell desktops that still had a year on lease into another room were they did not need the new macs. We then cleared out the library of computers which we wiped and moved them to were all the others were.
Thats pretty much it, we are moving to another campus tommorow and that is were i go so i will know my way around, it is also air-conditioned much better unlike were we were today. Just like yesterday i am very tierd, but the money is definetly worth it, i am buying a new PC with it. XD
December 13, 2011 11:04:10 AM

I mean wipe as in overwrite the HDD so there is no chance of recovering data on it. Are those computer used by staff for like test or exam paper? Even if they were used by students, you can probably extract a few useful assigment/essay out of it if they are not overwritten.
December 13, 2011 9:20:48 PM

All of our data is stored on a large central server so there is no chance of that happening.
!