  • Servers
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
August 19, 2005 3:32:26 PM

Sprint needs to fire their webmaster and hire someone that is competent!!!
There are bad links on the Sprint long distance page. It is also not
possible to view my invoice from the pcs webpage. I click on the link and
get no response from the server. It is interesting to note that even thought
I cannot view my PCS bill, I get excellent response from the server that is
used to pay the bill.

More about : sprint webpages

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 9:32:05 PM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:32:26 -0700, "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net>
wrote:

>Sprint needs to fire their webmaster and hire someone that is competent!!!

Can't argue with that. My favorite is the contact submission form.
1) Log in (phonenumber/password) and then select the "Contact Us" link
at the bottom of the page
2) Select the "email us" link in the window that pops up
3) New page pops up with a form to submit your question. Type your
request in the "Question" box and click the "submit" button
4) Log-in page reappears. Type in name and password again.
5) The submission page reappears but your question is gone (and has
not been submitted)
6) Paste your previously typed message back into the "Question" box
(after going through this numerous times, you are now smart enough to
copy your question to the clipboard before submitting it the first
time)
7) Click "submit" and question gets submitted.

I haven't tried this in a few weeks; maybe somebody fixed it.

Joe Huber
huber.joseph@comcast.net
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:55:48 PM

wrote:

>Sprint needs to fire their webmaster and hire someone that is competent!!!
>There are bad links on the Sprint long distance page. It is also not
>possible to view my invoice from the pcs webpage. I click on the link and
>get no response from the server. It is interesting to note that even thought
>I cannot view my PCS bill, I get excellent response from the server that is
>used to pay the bill.

I agree. There have been on-going problems with the Sprint site since
at least 2000. Broken links, extremely slow response, and sometimes no
response at all. A company in this field should have the capability to
do a better job than they have, IMHO.

--
Paul Miner
Anonymous

"Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Sprint needs to fire their webmaster and hire someone that is competent!!!
> There are bad links on the Sprint long distance page. It is also not
> possible to view my invoice from the pcs webpage. I click on the link and
> get no response from the server. It is interesting to note that even
thought
> I cannot view my PCS bill, I get excellent response from the server that
is
> used to pay the bill.

I've seen the problem before. Could be that you have a corrupted cookie. Or
.... it could be SPCS's site.

The way to fix that, if that is the problem, is to close down your browser,
then go to Start - Search Files, and do a search for sprintpcs.

Delete all the cookies that show up.

Restart your browser, re-enter your phone number & password, and see if you
can view your invoice.

I'm not having a problem viewing my bill right now, with Firefox.

Bob
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 11:49:41 PM

I am also using Firefox and am getting a timeout when attempting to access
my bill.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:o JqNe.101$I93.14@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...

> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Sprint needs to fire their webmaster and hire someone that is
>> competent!!!
>> There are bad links on the Sprint long distance page. It is also not
>> possible to view my invoice from the pcs webpage. I click on the link and
>> get no response from the server. It is interesting to note that even
> thought
>> I cannot view my PCS bill, I get excellent response from the server that
> is
>> used to pay the bill.
>
> I've seen the problem before. Could be that you have a corrupted cookie.
> Or
> ... it could be SPCS's site.
>
> The way to fix that, if that is the problem, is to close down your
> browser,
> then go to Start - Search Files, and do a search for sprintpcs.
>
> Delete all the cookies that show up.
>
> Restart your browser, re-enter your phone number & password, and see if
> you
> can view your invoice.
>
> I'm not having a problem viewing my bill right now, with Firefox.
>
> Bob

August 19, 2005 11:49:41 PM

Bob Smith wrote:
> "Mij Adyaw" <mijadyaw@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Sprint needs to fire their webmaster and hire someone that is
>> competent!!! There are bad links on the Sprint long distance page.
>> It is also not possible to view my invoice from the pcs webpage. I
>> click on the link and get no response from the server. It is
>> interesting to note that even thought I cannot view my PCS bill, I
>> get excellent response from the server that is used to pay the bill.
>
> I've seen the problem before. Could be that you have a corrupted
> cookie. Or ... it could be SPCS's site.
>
> The way to fix that, if that is the problem, is to close down your
> browser, then go to Start - Search Files, and do a search for
> sprintpcs.
>
> Delete all the cookies that show up.
>
> Restart your browser, re-enter your phone number & password, and see
> if you can view your invoice.
>
> I'm not having a problem viewing my bill right now, with Firefox.

I am. And it ain't a cookie/cache issue. It just sits there at
"Transferring data from billerdirect.sprintpcs.com" for a good minute or
two (and sometimes times out). This is with both Firefox and IE.

Worse, if I check current usage, the drop-down box to change phone
numbers doesn't refresh to show the usage for the newly-selected number.
This happens with Firefox, but not with IE. Previously, this function
worked fine with Firefox.

The only way, right now, that I can check my add-a-phones' current usage
is to start from the "Welcome" page, click the "Show numbers" link under
the "Phone numbers on this account" banner, and then click "Current
Usage" for that specific number. Once I get to the actual current usage
page, the drop-down box to change to a different number does nothing. I
have to go back to the "Welcome" page and repeat the "Show numbers" act
in order to change to a different number (again, this is with Firefox,
not IE). I suppose I could login using one of the add-a-phone numbers,
but that's even more of a PITA (and I prefer to not use IE).

Way to go (again) SPCS!

--
Mike
Anonymous

Joseph Huber wrote:
> Can't argue with that. My favorite is the contact submission form.
> 1) Log in (phonenumber/password) and then select the "Contact Us" link
> at the bottom of the page
> 2) Select the "email us" link in the window that pops up
> 3) New page pops up with a form to submit your question. Type your
> request in the "Question" box and click the "submit" button
> 4) Log-in page reappears. Type in name and password again.
> 5) The submission page reappears but your question is gone (and has
> not been submitted)
> 6) Paste your previously typed message back into the "Question" box
> (after going through this numerous times, you are now smart enough to
> copy your question to the clipboard before submitting it the first
> time)
> 7) Click "submit" and question gets submitted.

Yep - same thing has happened to me.

August 22, 2005 2:30:41 AM

For some reason does not work with Internet Explorer 6 Browser. If you use
Netscape or FireFox Browsers it is working ok.

!