Those darned rebates!

Bought a new Sanyo 7300, Sprint promised $150 off. Just checked the web
page and find they are denying the rebate because "they claim" there was no
new Advantage Agreement along with this new phone.

Now what? Guess I have to call CS and wait on hold and then argue, or
what?

Earl
--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

Earl Needham wrote:

> Bought a new Sanyo 7300, Sprint promised $150 off. Just checked the web
> page and find they are denying the rebate because "they claim" there was no
> new Advantage Agreement along with this new phone.
>
> Now what? Guess I have to call CS and wait on hold and then argue, or
> what?

A new contract is usually the only time Sprint woould offer that type of discount.

Are you sure you didn't read the contract or weren't paying attention?

Notan

Earl Needham wrote:
> Bought a new Sanyo 7300, Sprint promised $150 off. Just checked
> the web page and find they are denying the rebate because
> "they claim" there was no new Advantage Agreement along with
> this new phone.

I posted about this problem a while back. We were eligible for
the $150 rebate so we bought a new phone. We ordered it from
Sprint telesales. We had no problem with the 2 yr agreement,
but the idiot sales rep didn't code it, unknown to us.
We submitted the rebate info. A couple months later I
remembered to check the status on-line. It had been rejected
because of no new agreement, and we were not notified.

I called to complain and they said that they sent us a _postcard_!
I will assume that they are either lying or incompetent. Or both.
After all, 1) we never got a postcard, and 2) they have our
email address.

They fixed the 2 yr agreement and we finally got the rebate.
The bad part is that the CS rep said that she couldn't start
the 2 years from the time that I bought the phone. It started
from several months _later_ when I had found _their_ problem.
I really howled about this -- it's adding insult to injury -- and
she said that she would "put a note in our file" that the 2 years
really ends earlier. Riiiiight. I'm pretty sure that I'll
be screwed on this, i.e., that it will be two years _plus_
several months before I can get some _other_ CS rep, who didn't
even work for Sprint when this happened, to give us a new rebate
when we deserve it.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

The rebate is based on the ESN and when it was last activated. Be aware if
you switch phones because of a repair and get a temp phone your clock
restarts then and then when you get the original phone back.

Dave

> Earl Needham wrote:
> >
> > Bought a new Sanyo 7300, Sprint promised $150 off. Just checked the
web
> > page and find they are denying the rebate because "they claim" there was
no
> > new Advantage Agreement along with this new phone.
> >
> > Now what? Guess I have to call CS and wait on hold and then argue,
or
> > what?
>
> A new contract is usually the only time Sprint woould offer that type of
discount.

> Are you sure you didn't read the contract or weren't paying attention?

Nope, they've been hounding me for several years, telling me that I
qualify for an "upgrade". That's what I was trying to get, the thing they
had been trying to push on me for 3 years. (I kept my old Time Port/Star
Tac all that time...)

Earl