which way the passive radiator emit sound waves toward? fr..

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
April 19, 2005 10:49:53 AM

plz ,could u click the following url,which is my question
and how do u think about the building basstrap behind the Hr824
http://bluesjeon.com/hr824questionjpg.JPG
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 11:59:35 AM

bj wrote:
> plz ,could u click the following url,which is my question
> and how do u think about the building basstrap behind the Hr824
> http://bluesjeon.com/hr824questionjpg.JPG

Low frequencies are generally omnidirectional.
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 4:49:20 PM

bj,

> how do u think about the building basstrap behind the Hr824 <

Bass traps belong in the corners of the room, and out of the direct line of
fire from the loudspeaker. For the complete story, see the Acoustics FAQ,
second in the list on my Articles page:

www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html

--Ethan
Anonymous
April 19, 2005 5:27:02 PM

"bj" <bluesjeon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> plz ,could u click the following url,which is my question
> and how do u think about the building basstrap behind the Hr824
> http://bluesjeon.com/hr824questionjpg.JPG

Bass traps are for tuning rooms, not addressing speakers directly. But to
answer your question, bass is omnidirectional, the orientation of the driver
only indicates the phase angle. In the case of a passive radiator, the
phase response will not be accurate anyway. The more important reason
passive radiators are used is to affect the mechanical loading of the active
driver, to offer similar properties of a larger enclosure. There should be
more bottom end coming out the front of the HR824, so I would ignore the
radiator for your purposes. Room tuning is all about trial and error
anyway.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 8:00:21 PM

sorry I can't understand your message what is the direct line of fire
from the loudspeaker?

i am not native american therefore can't understand some slang

have u mean the following url?
http://www.ethanwiner.com/basstrap.html
!