Windows 98ME

mb

While trying to install a USB 710 wireless adapter my
system asks for my OS cd since it is an OEM with no CD I
am stuck. any suggestions?

Thanks
MB

Well, for one thing, your OEM is required tonprovide you with a CD with your
PC (assuming that's what we're talking about here). They often time try to
provide "quick restore" disks. They are supposed to provide a CD.
Sometimes, however, there will be a flat directory on the PC you can point
the wizard to. (You could try using the Search feature for Windows and see
if the file it's looking for is on the PC).

Hope this helps.

--
Steve Sullivan, MVP
Microsoft Hardware Products

"MB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While trying to install a USB 710 wireless adapter my
> system asks for my OS cd since it is an OEM with no CD I
> am stuck. any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> MB

As an aside,t he directory is often c:\windows\options\cabs....

"Steve Sullivan, MVP" <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Well, for one thing, your OEM is required tonprovide you with a CD with
your
> PC (assuming that's what we're talking about here). They often time try
> provide "quick restore" disks. They are supposed to provide a CD.
> Sometimes, however, there will be a flat directory on the PC you can point
> the wizard to. (You could try using the Search feature for Windows and
see
> if the file it's looking for is on the PC).
>
> Hope this helps.
>

> --
> Steve Sullivan, MVP
> Microsoft Hardware Products
>

> "MB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > While trying to install a USB 710 wireless adapter my
> > system asks for my OS cd since it is an OEM with no CD I
> > am stuck. any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > MB

---