BR-1600 / VS-1680

Last response: in Home Audio
April 20, 2005 1:38:16 AM

A couple of questions regarding these two machines (BR-1600 & VS-1680).

First question: Is it possible to move the individual tracks recorded on a
BR-1600 (Roland/Boss) over to the PC as .wav files? That would be for
dropping into an editor such as Audacity. Or does the BR-1600 only save
songs as, say, stereo aiff files you can't break up.

Second question: Can you sync a BR-1600 with a VS-1680 in order to create a
virtual 32-track workstation? I know it can be done with two VS-1680s. I
believe it is possible with two BR-1600s. Just wondering if some brave soul
with both these machines managed to make them run together as one team of
horses. ;o)

I'm asking because a friend of mine has a VS-1680, and I'm considering a
BR-1600. Any practical assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Surfer

More about : 1600 1680

November 30, 2007 12:42:59 PM

I don't know about the syncing issue, but you can convert the files from a Roland/Boss BR-1200CD or BR-1600 to WAV using a piece of software called WAV-Maker-1600. More info can be found at:

http://topsoundproductions.com/products/wav-maker-1600/...

I don't have anything to do with the company that provides this software, but I am a happy customer. (I have a BR-1200CD.)
!