Freelancer Problem...

Hi all
Been playing Freelancer for some time on-line with no probs.
The Jolt.co.uk server is where i (used to) hang out until i got a connection
problem.
When i try to coonect i get the message:

Please Wait... The Requested Operation Is Taking Longer Than Requested....
Press Esc To Cancel

When i press Esc i get returned to the server list.
If i wait a couple of minutes sometimes i get the create new character
screen but my character (that i've spent months building up) is not there.

All other servers work fine.
Site admins say there is no problem with my account.
The server pings at about 15-20 and shows that it isn't full.
I've tried at various times of day (and night)
My ISP (Blueyonder) has done a Traceroute on the IP addy and found it OK.
I have re-installed the game using the same account id.
Still the problem persists on this one server.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Eckie.

Freelancer uses a number of ports out to the server. Do you have anything
installed that might be blocking those? Because a server-admin might decide
to fix those serverports to a different range?

Cheers
Christian "Bargib" Koerner
http://www.lancersreactor.com