Which basic video card?

sfw5000

Distinguished
May 19, 2003
Hi,

I'm building my first system with the Asus A7N8X Deluxe MB, which has an 8x AGP slot. I don't play any games. I do a lot of photoshop and might do some video editing in the future. I really just want the most basic video card to fit my budget. Not knowing much about video cards, I find the selection overwhelming. Any suggestions?

Thank you, Sam

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All In Wonder Radeon 8500DV has video in, TV tuner, and firewire onboard. That's a nice card, but if you don't need Firewire, the All In Wonder 7500 would do (slower 3d, but you don't game).

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

Ditto the above.

The AIW 9000 is also a good card, but considering your needs, the AIW 7500 is the way to go, gives you MOST of the options and only scrimps on the 3d acceleration mostly. And you could use the price diff. to spend on a larger HD or something else, or even just take the little woman out for dinner.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red> :tongue: GA to SK