MS wireless Mouse wont work..

inquiring

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2002
Hello....I have a new Microsoft Wireless Optical Special Edition Mouse and it occassionally fails to move the cursor. The cursor "stalls" and does not follow the mouse movement intermittently. The mouse transmitter is connected via PS/2 and it is located by "line of sight" very close to the mouse. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the software but the intermittent tracking problem persists. I use MS Win XP Pro. I am surprised that this Microsoft hardware product does not work well with a Microsoft mouse. Is there anything I can do to "cure" this problem? Thank you.

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Where did you place the mouse? Optical mouses usually don't work well on a reflective surface. Also the mouse transmitter uses RF to receive signals from your mouse, so it doesn't have to locate by "line of sight" to the mouse. Just make sure you've stretched the cable that is attached to the transmitter which also works as an antenna.

DoomGaZer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2003
I myself am having this problem. I helped my dad purchase a new computer piece-by-piece and part of the package was a Logitech MX 700 mouse. I noticed that there is a LOT of lag when I use the mouse and his charger/receiver cable is stretched pretty far (wrapped around the LCD monitor). I didn't think there was supposed to be ANY lag on the nice new wireless mice like the MX 700 but poof there it is. If anybody could give me an idea of what to do short of returning the thing to the retailer then please let me know. Thanks.

Oh, BTW, my dad is running Windows XP on an AMD Athlon 3000+ with an ASUS nforce 2 based board and all the extra onboard peripherals are turned on (i.e. USB, Firewire, onboard sound, ethernet, SATA). <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by doomgazer on 07/10/04 11:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>