Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Temperature related BSOD???

Last response: in Windows 7
June 30, 2012 11:57:12 PM

hi everyone, been reading posts here for a while and overcome a ton of problems,so i thought id join, so, i put together a pc for my missus cos i was sick of having to fight with her to use my own, and it seems as soon as the cpu has any load on it (like when i run the WEI) i get a stop error, il post the error code when i get chance but it dosent even get that hot when it happens, i havnt seen the cpu get above 48oc, it seems like a sharp temperature rise causes the BSOD, ive checked all the connections cleaned and re-applied heat transfer fluid, all fans are working, its running windows 7 x64,
her system specifications are:
MB=asrock 939nf4g-sata2, RAM=2x1gb ddr400, CPU=amd athlon64x2 4200 @2.2ghz(socket939), GRAPHICS=x800 gto 256mb ddr3, HDD=wd caviar ide 160gb, PSU=500watt
also it didnt crash when it was on xp pro sp3 so can a bad windows installation cause this error?
thanks in advance people, youve already helped me alot before i signed up but i cant seem to find the answers im looking for.
if you need any more info just say
cheers, sean.
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2012 12:03:47 AM

48C is within acceptable parameters for the CPU so it will not crash due to overheating from that. It is possible however that there is a defective component in the system or perhaps it was a bad windows installation.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2012 12:09:14 AM

make sure your running the newest nvidia all in one drivers. and your mb has all the bios updates.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2012 12:13:43 AM

It is possible Win 7 does not like the RAM that is installed. Some RAM set ups ran without problems on XP but would bin when running Win 7. If you have some other RAM modules try them out.
July 1, 2012 12:24:11 AM

Wamphryi said:
It is possible Win 7 does not like the RAM that is installed. Some RAM set ups ran without problems on XP but would bin when running Win 7. If you have some other RAM modules try them out.

ive got one stick of ddr400@512mb but im pretty sure windows 7 needs more than that to function, i'll pull a couple of sticks out of the pc i sold my mate in the morning, im sure he wont mind :)  thanks for the responses people i just want my computer back :( 
m
l
July 1, 2012 12:30:01 AM

thinking about it i tried to install the same win7 on my mums laptop and i got errors and it couldnt continue, can an iso image get corrupted when its just sat on a HDD? if so it may be the culprit, ive got up to date norton so i wouldnt have thought a virus could have messed the image up
m
l
July 1, 2012 12:44:03 AM

nhasian said:
48C is within acceptable parameters for the CPU so it will not crash due to overheating from that. It is possible however that there is a defective component in the system or perhaps it was a bad windows installation.

i thought that, but can the cpu heat up faster than what speedfan can refresh its temp results?
m
l
July 2, 2012 1:07:06 AM

Best answer selected by hardcore sean.
m
l
!