Windows live mail will not send What good is it?

XavierTobin

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
There must be an issue with your compuer/internet/settings, all mail programs send emails, make sure you have added your Email Adress and fixed the setting to suit.
Its easiest if you have a hotmail adress :)

rdljpl

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012

Sad thing is that I can send and receive with my earthlink and verizon accounts on my XP machine using outlook express, but not on the windows 7 machine using Windows live mail.

Windows Live sends and receives just fine if you set it up correctly, however it is the biggest piece of bloatware nonsense that Microsoft has ever come out with, so far. Avoid it like the plague, there are many other great email programs you can download for free and work beautifully, thunderbird is one of them.

Rochelle Schwab

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

I don't understand even what a picnic error is, but I have the same problem. I've used Windows Live on my current computer, the one before and I think the one before that. This is a PC, Windows 7, 64 bit. My browser is Chrome. Never once no matter how much stored mail I had, did the program refuse to send. Two days ago it stopped sending. I have a number of email addresses listed in Windows Live, and of course I can go to Comcast.net to send email from there, to g.mail.com and so on, but it is less convenient. If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate in addition to posting, if you could cc me at rochelleschwab@comcast.net. I did get a recent email on my Hotmail account saying that inbox was going to be automatically upgraded to outlook.com. Is that the problem? I almost never used hotmail.