  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
June 1, 2004 12:51:23 AM

I run Windows XP on my Base Station and use an MN-700 and
Windows 98 on the Wireless Station and have an MN-730. I
have 'successfully' installed the software/hardware. On
the wireless station the signal strength is strong and I
can connect to the internet. Unfortunately no devices are
found on the local network so I can't share files. Also,
no pc's appear on the network neighbourhood. On the Base
station the wireless station appears but when I try to
access it I receive a message that says "wireless station
is not accessible. Network path not found." I have
reinstalled software on both machines but to no avail.
What am I doing wrong?

More about : network devices

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 1, 2004 12:28:27 PM

"Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I run Windows XP on my Base Station and use an MN-700 and
| Windows 98 on the Wireless Station and have an MN-730. I
| have 'successfully' installed the software/hardware. On
| the wireless station the signal strength is strong and I
| can connect to the internet. Unfortunately no devices are
| found on the local network so I can't share files. Also,
| no pc's appear on the network neighbourhood. On the Base
| station the wireless station appears but when I try to
| access it I receive a message that says "wireless station
| is not accessible. Network path not found." I have
| reinstalled software on both machines but to no avail.
| What am I doing wrong?

Do you have the software firewall enabled on the XP machine? By default, it
causes exactly what you are describing. The router is giving you the
capability to browse, but the Windoze firewall is making the two computers
invisible inaccessible to one another.