M-Audio Transit: DD/DTS mode problems

Last response: in Home Audio
April 23, 2005 8:50:06 AM

Guys,

I am trying to get my M-Audio Transit to work with DD and DTS
applications. So far, I had no success, and I hope you can help.

Setup is as follows:

- PC (3.2 GHz) running Windows XP (this is a very "clean" system with
all patches installed)

- M-Audio Transit

- Current (<- *cough*) Transit Drivers (August 5, 2003 / 1.0.2.2)

- (connected via S/PDIF/TOSlink to:)

- Yamaha RX-V440RDS (DTD/DD capable Home Cinema Receiver supporting
Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS Digital
Surround, DTS-ES)

The situation is as follows:

- Playback and recording in standard (WinAmp) and professional Audio
applications (Cubase, Reason) works as expected with the "2 In/2 Out"
settings in the Transit Control panel. So far, so good.

- Playback from DVD software (Windows Media Player, Nero Showtime) with
M-Audios "2 In/2 Out" settings only seems to play back the front
channels.

(Oddly, while a DVD test file plays back only Front Left & Right, real
DVDs (e.g. Matrix) only seem to play music and FX; dialog is hardly
audible as if some heavy cancellation effect took place.)

- "DD/DTS Pass-Thru" mode does not work with any application at all.
Ie, during DVD playback, Windows Media Player shows the Dolby Digital
icon, but no sound can be heard regardless of playback settings in a
DVD's menu (DTS/DD). Nero Showtime will not even start with the
"DD/DTS Pass-Thru" setting.

What am I doing wrong?

Any idea would be appreciated ...

TIA.
May 9, 2005 4:25:11 AM

I have the same setup... and basically it boils down to intervideo and
m-audio not supporting or updating their drivers to support us. :(

David Winter wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I am trying to get my M-Audio Transit to work with DD and DTS
> applications. So far, I had no success, and I hope you can help.
>

> Setup is as follows:
>
> - PC (3.2 GHz) running Windows XP (this is a very "clean" system with
> all patches installed)
>
> - M-Audio Transit
>
> - Current (<- *cough*) Transit Drivers (August 5, 2003 / 1.0.2.2)
>
> - (connected via S/PDIF/TOSlink to:)
>
> - Yamaha RX-V440RDS (DTD/DD capable Home Cinema Receiver supporting
> Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS Digital
> Surround, DTS-ES)
>

> The situation is as follows:
>
> - Playback and recording in standard (WinAmp) and professional Audio
> applications (Cubase, Reason) works as expected with the "2 In/2 Out"
> settings in the Transit Control panel. So far, so good.
>

> - Playback from DVD software (Windows Media Player, Nero Showtime)
with
> M-Audios "2 In/2 Out" settings only seems to play back the front
> channels.
>
> (Oddly, while a DVD test file plays back only Front Left & Right,
real
> DVDs (e.g. Matrix) only seem to play music and FX; dialog is hardly
> audible as if some heavy cancellation effect took place.)
>

> - "DD/DTS Pass-Thru" mode does not work with any application at all.
> Ie, during DVD playback, Windows Media Player shows the Dolby Digital
> icon, but no sound can be heard regardless of playback settings in a
> DVD's menu (DTS/DD). Nero Showtime will not even start with the
> "DD/DTS Pass-Thru" setting.
>

> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Any idea would be appreciated ...
>
> TIA.
May 17, 2005 4:12:35 AM

Hey David,

After a couple email with M-Audio support (and thanks for trying guys).
I have got the M-Audio transit to work with none other than a free DVD
player for the PC. PowerDVD and WinDVD well you guys make a great
player, but VLC media player works flawlessly with SPDIF out with Dolby
Digital and DTS.

Just make sure you have configured the transit to passthrough the
digital signal and also in the preferences under VLC media player check
the 'use spdif if available' box.

Cheers,
Samson

!