Kaspersky caused Windows to give "Bad Image message"

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I just run a virus scan and it found 4 files called NotAVirus.adware although I did notice it ended .win32 (this could be to deter people from removing it?). I decided to just run the recommended setting of deleting them and then automatically run a clean up afterwards. I attempted to access my internet using Netgear wireless smart wizard and it said it was unable to run the task, I attempted to connect through my network and sharing center and it said the page file was missing then windows posted a bad image message.

My computer is pretty new (about 3 months). I've restarted and everything seems to be fine now. Has anybody got any ideas what could of caused this? A cache error?

I'm running windows Ultimate 64 bit and my hardware specs are...

GPU: Evga Geforce GTS 450 (Recently updated to driver 304.48, I had stability issues with 301.42)
CPU: Intel i5 2400
Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 (B3)
Ram: 4x2gb Corsair XMS3 @ 1600mhz "XMP"
HDD: WD Caviar Green WD7500AARX 750gb
PSU: Corsair TX 650

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I've been running for 3 hours now and havn't experienced any peculiar activity. Do you think this could of just been a minor error? (like a corrupted memory/cache error?). everything that appeared to be broken works. When I attempted to access the task manager during the error that also didn't work. But everything seems to be fine now.

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Also something to note... the same day I experienced a weird symptom where my transparent window boarders and task bar switched to solid gray. I attempted to change it back in my settings but that didn't work until I automatically switched back to the transparent boarders... I assumed this was graphics driver related (considering I had Problems with the previous 301.42 nvidia drivers crashing)