alpha_03

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2003
Man do I feel stupid.

Heh, couldnt figure out why my DVD player wouldnt work. E-mailed Microsoft and the Soft DVD maker, and ATI and still couldnt figure it out.

So I thought maybe my DVD drive was dead.

But wait it reads cdr, cdrw, cdrom, and older DVD's so that cant be the case I thought to myself. Well I got to thinking what did I change since the last time the DVD rom actually worked?

Now here is the strange thing, some DVD's would play- older DVD's that is.

Back to "what did I change". I then realized that I had enabled digital in the drive settings.

Well after changing this setting back to normal/off, my DVD player plays all DVD's once again.

BTW, my DVD player is an older Creative 6x player and runs in multi world DMA mode. My other drives, cdrw and cdrom are ata 33.

I still dont understand the actual reason why only my DVD player was effected by this setting, any one here know?

Hehe, all fixed and whats so funny, is neither ATI, WinDVD, or Microsoft could figure this out. I just happend to get lucky and remember that I changed that particular setting.

(old person by trait)

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
You need to connect an audio cable to the digital port of your DVD drive If you enable digital setting in Windows. However, the digital setting may not work with all CD or DVD-ROM drives, so it's best not to enable it.