How to connect to router via internet

anyaremde

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
Hello,
can someone help me how i can connect to my router in my home when im using internet outside for example in my office
thank you in advance

simply find your external IP address that our ISP provides you. then you can use that when your at the office to connect to your router. I imagine though that you really want to connect to one of the computers in your home and not the router itself. in that case you need to forward the appropriate ports (depending on the application) from the router to the pc that you want to access.

You may also need to set the option to "allow remote administration/configuration" in your router first and possibly tell it which port to listen on. Port 8080 is common. So, in addition to what nhasian said, you might end up with an address that is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080.

Some routers add a little more options. I have my router set up for remote administration only on weekdays between 7am - 5pm and only from my work address. This along with a strong password makes it difficult to get your router hacked.

anyaremde

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
mr nhasian & mr hawkeye
i try to enable the remote administration then open the ip address from the net its showing page cannot be display but when im trying to use my computer which is connected to the router the ip address is opening.
any settings should be made?
thanks

Does that rely on having a static as opposed to dynamic ip address??

TRENDING THREADS