Sign in with
Your question

Nice case?

Last response: in Components
May 22, 2003 12:04:31 AM

what do yous think about this case.
<A HREF="http://link" target="_new">http://www.maxpoint.com/pc_cases/pccases_cs-3171L.htm&l...;/A>
im thinking about getting it cuz that would be cool to watch the lights. and i have partys so a good case for showing off. haha

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by CatMan on 05/22/03 04:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : nice case

May 22, 2003 12:49:55 AM

yea, how u link like that. im probably being slow but couldnt think of, or see, any obvouis way to do it
Related resources
May 22, 2003 4:00:13 AM

Nice looking case.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>
May 22, 2003 4:03:36 AM

Quote:
yea, how u link like that. im probably being slow but couldnt think of, or see, any obvouis way to do it

Check out the FAQ link on the left.

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>
May 22, 2003 8:24:24 PM

is this case's 350watt psu enough to power..
A7N8X deluxe, 2500 barton, ATI 9700 (not pro), 52x24x52 cdrw, 16x dvd, pc2700 kingston ram (gonna upgrade to corsair xms in the future) and 2x40gig w. dig. prethanx for the help
May 24, 2003 5:28:37 AM

That case is crap. What, you wanted an honest opinion, no?

First thing, it's .7mm thick. That's so thin I could leave a thumb impression on it! Think about it, DECENT quality cases start at .8mm, and GOOD cases are 1.0mm!

OK, now look at the side fan location. It's not over the video card, which is the best location for cooling, but rather it's over the center of the case, which is for looks only.

Overall, this thing is designed only to look good while offering you nothing in terms of quality.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>
May 24, 2003 5:36:06 PM

well if this is case gonna mostly sit there and just hold my computer components, does it really matter if its thin? and besides, if i did move it, wouldnt thin=lighter? if it can be picked up with out folding in half then i say its good enough for me. AND if all im getting a case for is to hold my shtuff, why not get one that has flashing lights and changes colors. also, any one up for answering me if the watts are good enough for powering what i listed above?
May 24, 2003 10:21:07 PM

Whenever I move systems like that around I end up putting dents in them. And thin cases tend to be much noisier.

May 25, 2003 5:29:33 AM

i have a case much identical to that one and i regretted getting it. they have antecish ones at www.buyxg.com

<b><font color=red>Remember kids, if you see a downed power line, suck on the end, candy comes out!</font color=red></b>
May 25, 2003 6:35:46 AM

You mean the "chieftecish" ones? Chieftec makes cases for themselves, Antec, Thermaltake, Alienware, and a few others.

May 25, 2003 9:12:58 AM

Hey Crash,

I've got the previously mentioned Enermax case at the
moment, the version before they added the front multi-color
lights, because when I built my current rig I didn't have
enough cash for a "decent" case. For $89 bucks, it can't
be beat. I wasn't expecting much when I ordered it but I
have been pleasantly surprised. I of course added a couple
lighted fans to it. It is in fact quite sturdy. It
transports well and does not flex when applying pressure to
the bias or sides. Even though they don't feel flimsy,
I do aggree that the side panels would benefit from being
made of thicker gauge steel, but it flat out rocks at such
a low price. The ability to hold the extra hard drives is
a huge plus. I don't have any heat problems. The CPU
runs at 111F/44C at rest, 114F/46 at load. The MB stays
around 69F/21C to 71F/22C (room stays at 68F).

So, if you've got the extra cash, it's cool to get a
thicker walled case with more refined features like drive
rails and better airflow, but if you're strapped for cash,
this case is a great deal AND you get an odd window and
dippy lights.

<font color=purple>AMD XP 2200+, A7N8X Deluxe, 512mb PC3200 Corsair XMS DDR, Geforce3 Ti-500, Audigy Platinum, TDK 48x CDRW, Lite-On 16x DVD, XP Pro SP1, and more neon than a ghetto sled </font color=purple>
May 25, 2003 10:47:20 PM

You can get 1.0mm cases from Inwin, Enlight, and Chieftec for around $69 including power supply.

May 26, 2003 7:27:19 AM

I didn't realize the Cheiftec cases had gotten that cheap.
They were still $150+ 6 months ago as I recall and that was
without a PS.

<font color=purple>AMD XP 2200+, A7N8X Deluxe, 512mb PC3200 Corsair XMS DDR, Geforce3 Ti-500, Audigy Platinum, TDK 48x CDRW, Lite-On 16x DVD, XP Pro SP1, and more neon than a ghetto sled </font color=purple>
May 26, 2003 8:21:04 AM

You must've been looking in the wrong places, they were as cheap as $50 without power 8 months ago.

May 26, 2003 4:01:16 PM

ok then, hows <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-133-10..." target="_new">this</A> look. ive looked at this for awhile and wanted one, but couldnt afford it with what i was previously getting, but now i got everything adjusted so i can get this, and even a 420watt ps for it. <A HREF="http://secure.newegg.com/app/specification.asp?item=11-..." target="_new">This is the detailed specs</A>

My computer is so powerful, it can complete a simple math equation in only 3 and half days! :lol: 
May 26, 2003 4:05:05 PM

ill point this out to you Crashman. its 1mm thick and has the side fan by where the pci slots are, in otherwords, by my video card.

My computer is so powerful, it can complete a simple math equation in only 3 and half days! :lol: 
May 26, 2003 10:53:41 PM

yeah but dude, thats a thermaltake - i.e. blah (in my opinion)... i mean, if you're gonna get a case then get somethin that doesn't look like its trying too hard before you've even put yur gear in it... my little opinion

<b>I like big butts - and i <i>can</i> lie</b>
May 27, 2003 3:10:20 AM

Yes, the Xaser II's are nice cases. A bit pricey. They are Chieftec Aluminum cases (which cost around $90) with a custom door and feature box (which fills one of the original drive bays).

!