Unwanted warnings at startup

xebecs

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
I am currently having a problems with my Windows 7 Operating System. I am baffled by the sheer number of warnings within Windows Explorer, the PC I am using is an entry level workstation, most of the parts are fairly recent, it has been a year I had purchased this machine.

Upon starting up the windows, I get this dwm.exe Bad Image Error (Picture Attached in the Bottom).
It says: C:\Windows\System32\dxgi.dll error. I have searched over the net and they suggested me to restart pc in safe mode, but nothing happens after I do so.

The same Error pops up when I open Photoshop CS5 and also when I try open/saving a file using Windows Directory System from any application. My OS is x64 so are a bunch of programs, like while opening Photoshop it will say;

"C:\Windows\system32\EhStorShell.dll is either not designed to run to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original media contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

As soon as I click ok the program works fine, but facing this annoying popup box every time I fire up a program or windows is irritating.

I want to know if there are any permanent solutions, I heard it’s a fact that you have to format and reinstall your Windows almost every year, is that true? I have installed critical programs with addons, is there any way that I can avoid reinstalling my windows and not face these annoying dialogs?

Thanks in advance.

xebecs

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

Unfortunately the problem still persists.
System restoration was now available since there were no backups found. I really do not wish to reinstall my windows since there are too many things are going on right now in my workstation. Repairing using the command prompt never worked.

xebecs

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

Thanks for posting this informative URL but unfortunately it really didn't say how to fix and dwm.exe error per se, it has describe how to disable it from the Services only.

xebecs

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

I am downloading the latest version now, I doubt this will solve the problem, since it was only few months ago I updated and installed the latest driver for my entry level video card.

xebecs

Distinguished
May 18, 2011

I just did a fresh install of my display driver, it is updated to the latest version, still getting the annoying message in the beginning of each session.

startupproblem.png

Note the same popup will appear twice in a row, any idea?