Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpardo2

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
I thought I had a legit copy of Windows 7, but I guess I was wrong. Don't trust random people that build PC's and sell them with preinstalled versions of Windows. My question is are the websites out there that sell just the key for $20-30 legitimate? Like this one for example: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks in advance.

Solution

Nope, should always follow the rule of: If its too good to be true than it probably is :=).

serenatous

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

Nope, should always follow the rule of: If its too good to be true than it probably is :=).

Solution

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
If you want to be sure you get a valid activation key, the best way is to either contact microsoft directly or just buy another install CD from a reputable reseller such as Newegg, Bestbuy, Microcenter, Walmart, etc. There are a lot of scams out there and serialkeysale sounds like one of them. Personally, I wouldn't even open a webpage like that for fear that it may try to download a virus or spyware onto my computer.

Hi :)

Contact the company you bought the PC from as its ILLEGAL for them to sell a PC with an illegal version of windows on...tell them you are about to report them to Microsoft....I would guess you would get a legal key from them VERY rapidly...for free...

All the best Brett :)

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
The only legit, cheap solution I can suggest is buying Windows Home Server 2011 and using that as a desktop OS instead of Windows 7. It's practically the same thing: it has full Windows 7 driver support, and it handles games fairly well. It's based off of Windows Server 2008 R2, which has the same kernel as Windows 7. I've done this myself before, it works.

What's even better is that it's $50. Just be sure you're using it for OEM reasons (look it up if you're not brushed up on the finer OEM points): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832416443

wiinippongamer

Distinguished

^+1

Status
Not open for further replies.