Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Startup problems with the Acer 1694WLMi - Blank screen Help!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 12, 2006 2:25:05 PM

Hi guys. I have a problem It appears to be a random problem - I go to turn on my Acer Aspire 1694WLMi (by pressing the power button) -> the light comes on, fan goes round, but the screen is not initialised and nothing happens! Whats going on please help! Removing/Replacing the AC adapter seems to work, depending on whether its plugged in or not, but appears to be quite random. I think it may have something to do with the AC adaptor or the battery.

If anyone has had a similar problem with powering up their notebook, please let me know! I've only had this laptop for a few months and so far has served me well - I'm trying to see if there's a simple solution before sending it off to Acer (I've heard their customer support is crap lol and I need it for uni). Thanks
March 1, 2006 6:38:57 AM

I have exactly the same problem with my acer travelmate 8002Lci.

On start nothing other than power light, bluetooth light and wifi light. Have to hard reboot (5s off button), then, randomly the machine boots up.

I work in an IT environment and no-one has a clue what is going on.

Laptop is XP proffesional out of warranty and the fault is completely random! Help files are rubbish. log files hold no error info.

Messing about with the battery and power lead seem to help. But i cant find any scientific reason behind this.

what stumps me is the BIOS is not accesable when this problem happens. This should boot first to kick of the hard drive?

Any XP boot up sequence boffins out there?

Thanks
Related resources
March 1, 2006 11:22:42 PM

You may want to reseat the ram. May be having a connection problem.
July 10, 2008 1:01:29 AM

Have the same problem - this is how I go around that: Attach second monitor. Turn the Acer on. To your surprise start up will be on the second screen. Proceed as normal and at some pont second screen will go blank (no signal) and your loptop will have normal screen. This way instead of buying non Acer loptop I still get some milage out of my TravelMate 8100. And I am still searching for solution...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 4, 2009 6:58:11 PM

yes i havin the same problem, i have a aspire 5515 it;s doing the exact same thing, and yes acer supports suck i was on the phone for about an hr could not understand what they was saying only thing i heard i will to send it in for repair......find any solution yet?
May 25, 2009 3:36:40 AM

I am having the same problem. I remember I turn off the computer normally, then the next day start up I got the black screen. I need help too.
Thanks!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 25, 2010 4:23:17 AM

Same thing happening here, if anyone has an explanation to this I'd love to know, thanks.
-Zack
March 25, 2010 6:26:56 AM

i have the same problem with my laptop..blank screen and beeping sound...so i decided to reformat it..
May 31, 2010 6:17:27 PM

same thing is happing to me to. please inform if finds a solution. thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 9, 2010 9:02:41 AM

I have an Acer Aspire 9300. A few months ago it wouldn't start up. Eventually I swapped the RAM around and that worked for a few weeks.

Then it stopped and I resorted to unplugging the power source AND battery and after a few non starts, it worked for a while.

Now I get it going by pressing the ON button to start it and then tapping F10 slowly and for the moment that works...nearly every time.

Think its something to do with the BIOS - but I'm no expert....

Hope this helps...

Struan@gmail.com
August 12, 2011 9:17:20 PM

I have an acer aspire 5515 and have the same problem. I once made it work by trying other hard drives. That doesn't seem to work any longer and I'm desperate for a solution. Anyone have an idea??
a b D Laptop
August 14, 2011 8:36:12 PM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
!