BlueScreen OS Version

Hello,
My browser of choice is Firefox. The new version crashes every time I open it. I am a Windows 7 Professional user. I see a message BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID 1033 when Windows repairs so it can open Windows. I see a crash message before that which says to disable Cache and/or Shadowing. I've tried disabling Cache (internal and external) in BIOS. That did not help. I really don't want to have to begin using IE or Google Chrome or Bing. Can anyone suggest a fix for Firefox on Windows 7? Any help will be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about bluescreen version
  1. Seamonkey (new and updated Netscape) for browsers, IE is just slow, Chrome is "Cloud", spyware, cement technology and unacceptable to me with almost NO configurable options. I had the same thing happen to Seamonkey in XP, Mozilla still has problems with Java version 7. Try rolling back Java. Microsoft made Silverlight as their own version of Java. I would suggest Opera if it wasn't buggy on certain websites.
  2. Carol286 said:
    Hello,
    My browser of choice is Firefox. The new version crashes every time I open it. I am a Windows 7 Professional user. I see a message BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID 1033 when Windows repairs so it can open Windows. I see a crash message before that which says to disable Cache and/or Shadowing. I've tried disabling Cache (internal and external) in BIOS. That did not help. I really don't want to have to begin using IE or Google Chrome or Bing. Can anyone suggest a fix for Firefox on Windows 7? Any help will be appreciated.

Firefox is not the problem. I have window 7 professional. my computer keeps crashing too. I get the same error code, but i use Google chrome. i need to know how to fix this problem as well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Blue Screen Firefox