My Boss and James Bond

paparush

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
Hi Group,
My boss has given me the assignment of finding him the "killer, all in one solution" ((I love it when he talks that way...))

He wants a SINGLE DEVICE that he can take on the road that allows him to print, scan, email from one box.

He wants a satellite or wide coverage cellular provider to handle the networking.

Do you guys know of anything that fits this profile, or should I call the CIA/DoD? ;-)

Thanks!!!

-Rush

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The CIA might be able to help you out alright...

He's not going to get a notebook that's a printer, scanner and all that in one go. You can, of course, get a lot of notebooks with bluetooth, 801.11 wireless and all that jazz and then just connect to other devices on the fly without wires.

If he wants to email on the go, suggest a Blackberry or similar.

paparush

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
Aaron,
Thanks for the reply.

That's exactly what I told him, but, he's convinced that out there, 'somewhere', is a briefcase-sized, all in one (printer, fax, email, scan) solution. He's just got this thing about wanting to "Fax from the front seat."

I feel like I'm in an episode of Dilbert.

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Aaron,
Thanks for the reply.

That's exactly what I told him, but, he's convinced that out there, 'somewhere', is a briefcase-sized, all in one (printer, fax, email, scan) solution. He's just got this thing about wanting to "Fax from the front seat."

I feel like I'm in an episode of Dilbert.
Well tell him a whole bunch of experts think he's a nut. (That's as good a way of being able to say it whilst keeping your job :wink: )