problems importing OMF with Logic Pro 6.4.3

Last response: in Home Audio
April 27, 2005 9:40:45 AM

We exported and OMF from DP (without embedding the audio) and copied it
and all of the audio files to my machine. I figured out that logic
won't find the audio files when I import the OMF unless everything is
in the same directory, but now there's a new problem.

I get this error:

Skipping Audio Part - edit point 201471202 too big.

If I click OK, one after another of these dialogs comes up with a
bigger and bigger number, and finally after about 50 of them, it's
done. The result is an arrange window with no objects, but the names
of the tracks and the audio files DID import, they just aren't loaded
on the grid. Also, it ends up saving about 6 fade files to my drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 3:47:50 PM

when we tried embedding the audio, the file wouldn't load (corrupted).
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 6:37:38 PM

<jason.galuten@gmail.com> wrote:

> We exported and OMF from DP (without embedding the audio) and copied
> it and all of the audio files to my machine. [...]
>
> I get this error:
>
> Skipping Audio Part - edit point 201471202 too big.

What happens if you export the OMF with the audio files embedded?

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 3:22:35 AM

<jason.galuten@gmail.com> wrote in message
> when we tried embedding the audio, the file wouldn't load (corrupted).

Sounds to me like the problem isn't with the app trying to open the OMF,
it's at the source end. We run into this with Avid sometimes. If they
export it one way, Pro Tools crashes. If they export it a different
way, it opens fine.

Sorry, but I don't know what it is they do "differently."

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:13:15 AM

jason.galuten@gmail.com wrote:

> We exported and OMF from DP (without embedding the audio) and copied it
> and all of the audio files to my machine. I figured out that logic
> won't find the audio files when I import the OMF unless everything is
> in the same directory, but now there's a new problem.
>
> I get this error:
>
> Skipping Audio Part - edit point 201471202 too big.
>
> If I click OK, one after another of these dialogs comes up with a
> bigger and bigger number, and finally after about 50 of them, it's
> done. The result is an arrange window with no objects, but the names
> of the tracks and the audio files DID import, they just aren't loaded
> on the grid. Also, it ends up saving about 6 fade files to my drive.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

OMF File size limit is 2GB have you exceeded that? Just a thought. I
know Logic 7 supports AAF & XML import don't know about 6.4.3 but if DP
will export any of these you might try that too.

Good Luck,
Chris
!