my Red 7 has broken?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
April 28, 2005 9:20:03 AM

I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro

it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

my Red7 is broken?

thanks

More about : red broken

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 12:47:30 PM

bj <bluesjeon@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1
>
>when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro
>
>it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp
>
>my Red7 is broken?

I can't imagine anything much brighter than the Mackie...
--scott

April 28, 2005 6:20:21 PM

You want brighter than a Mackie?????

JP

"bj" <bluesjeon@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
> I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1
>
> when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie
vlzpro

> it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp
>
> my Red7 is broken?
>

> thanks
April 28, 2005 11:24:45 PM

bj wrote:

> I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

It doesn't necessarily follow that the Red 7 sounds just like the Red 1.
Did you audition the Red 7 before buying? Are you using the same mic
with both preamps?

> when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro
> it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

Hey, already it sounds better to me. <g> Mackie pres can be pretty
bright, to the point of brittle if one isn't careful setting gain.

> my Red7 is broken?

Perhaps not, but how many variables have you here?

--
ha
Anonymous

Is the compressor circuit engaged on the Red7? This can change the timbre of
the preamp quite a bit, depending on the setting...........alos, the Red7
has an exciter circuit to bblend in more top end if heavy compression is
needed.

DJ

"bj" <bluesjeon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1
>
> when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie
vlzpro

> it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp
>
> my Red7 is broken?
>

> thanks
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 11:48:22 AM

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:24:45 -0400, hank alrich wrote
(in article <1gvq9c4.ovd8nc15wqdyyN%walkinay@thegrid.net>):

> bj wrote:
>
>> I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1
>
> It doesn't necessarily follow that the Red 7 sounds just like the Red 1.
> Did you audition the Red 7 before buying? Are you using the same mic
> with both preamps?
>
>> when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro
>> it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp
>
> Hey, already it sounds better to me. <g> Mackie pres can be pretty
> bright, to the point of brittle if one isn't careful setting gain.
>
>> my Red7 is broken?
>
> Perhaps not, but how many variables have you here?
>
> --
> ha

Last time I checked the red 2 and red 7 don't sound alike.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 6:35:46 PM

Ty Ford wrote:

> hank alrich:

> > bj wrote:

> >> I bought red 7 after hearing the silky and bright sound of Red 1

> > It doesn't necessarily follow that the Red 7 sounds just like the Red 1.
> > Did you audition the Red 7 before buying? Are you using the same mic
> > with both preamps?

> >> when i compare the Red 7 mic preamp(others are bypassed) with mackie vlzpro
> >> it is not more bright than mackie vlzpro mic preamp

> > Hey, already it sounds better to me. <g> Mackie pres can be pretty
> > bright, to the point of brittle if one isn't careful setting gain.

> >> my Red7 is broken?

> > Perhaps not, but how many variables have you here?

> Last time I checked the red 2 and red 7 don't sound alike.

I see. Thank you. Let me enter that variable in the "what's up with
this" equation over here and see what's derived...

Okay, we've got it. The answer is "Whoops".

--
ha
!