* Need help finding really old clip...

Last response: in Home Audio
April 29, 2005 4:05:07 AM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.general,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hi,

I'm trying to track down a short video clip a friend recently forwarded to
me by email as a joke (I deleted it too quickly, and so did he). It features
a Japanese guy with a thick accent but speaking in English showing off the
features of a really old keyboard - must be from the 80's or something,
possibly a Roland.

The person in the video seems to be somekind of salesman or spokesperson for
the keyboard, and starts demonstrating its capabilities by showing us the
very fake sounding kick drum sound, then the snare, the hi-hat, etc.. and
after going through all the sounds, starts playing a very off-tempo but
typical 4/4 rock beat, with a look of utter amazement and awe on his face,
like we were witnessing the creation of man himself.

It's a hilarious clip shot in plain video, obviously meant to be somekind of
demo for a pretty old keyboard.

That's all the info I have. I have no idea what keyboard it is, or how old
the clip is. But I'd really love to find this clip again, if anyone can help
me do that.

Thanks a million!

More about : finding clip

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 8:28:37 AM

news:D 4sbpn$rpe$1@domitilla.aioe.org...

http://www.prodikeys.com/products/prodikeys_DM/watch/5_...

> Thanks a million!

You're welcome.

Kendall

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:33:11 PM

THAT'S THE ONE!

Thank you thank you thank you... I've been looking for this for weeks!

"Kendall" <kbergheim@sbcglobal123.net> wrote in message

> http://www.prodikeys.com/products/prodikeys_DM/watch/5_...
>

>> Thanks a million!
>
> You're welcome.
>
> Kendall
April 29, 2005 1:35:58 PM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:28:37 GMT, "Kendall"
<kbergheim@sbcglobal123.net> wrote:

>> The person in the video seems to be somekind of salesman or spokesperson
>for
>> the keyboard, and starts demonstrating its capabilities by showing us the
>> very fake sounding kick drum sound, then the snare, the hi-hat, etc.. and
>> after going through all the sounds, starts playing a very off-tempo but
>> typical 4/4 rock beat, with a look of utter amazement and awe on his face,
>> like we were witnessing the creation of man himself.
>>
>> It's a hilarious clip shot in plain video, obviously meant to be somekind
>of
>> demo for a pretty old keyboard.
>>
>> That's all the info I have. I have no idea what keyboard it is, or how old
>> the clip is. But I'd really love to find this clip again, if anyone can
>help
>> me do that.
>
>http://www.prodikeys.com/products/prodikeys_DM/watch/5_...

The Prodikeys isn't that old, is it?

I actually though he played it rather well :-) You try inputting a
drum beat in real time. Not that easy.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:35:59 PM

Laurence Payne wrote:

>I actually though he played it rather well :-) You try inputting a
>drum beat in real time. Not that easy.

I agree that he played well enough, but between the cheesy sounds and
"This is rock and roll," I found this quite amusing.

| two, one and one make one."
April 29, 2005 9:20:12 PM

I liked when he said "Rock and Roll is very simple".

Scott

Michael R. Kesti <mrkesti@nospam.net> wrote:
: Laurence Payne wrote:

:>I actually though he played it rather well :-) You try inputting a
:>drum beat in real time. Not that easy.

: I agree that he played well enough, but between the cheesy sounds and
: "This is rock and roll," I found this quite amusing.

: --
: ========================================================================
: Michael Kesti | "And like, one and one don't make
: | two, one and one make one."
: mrkesti at comcast dot net | - The Who, Bargain
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 10:23:22 PM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.general,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Do a Google on keyboard-drums.wmv. That video is everywhere.

"Mike Turner" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:D 4sbpn$rpe$1@domitilla.aioe.org...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to track down a short video clip a friend recently forwarded to
> me by email as a joke (I deleted it too quickly, and so did he). It
> features
> a Japanese guy with a thick accent but speaking in English showing off the
> features of a really old keyboard - must be from the 80's or something,
> possibly a Roland.
>
> The person in the video seems to be somekind of salesman or spokesperson
> for
> the keyboard, and starts demonstrating its capabilities by showing us the
> very fake sounding kick drum sound, then the snare, the hi-hat, etc.. and
> after going through all the sounds, starts playing a very off-tempo but
> typical 4/4 rock beat, with a look of utter amazement and awe on his face,
> like we were witnessing the creation of man himself.
>
> It's a hilarious clip shot in plain video, obviously meant to be somekind
> of
> demo for a pretty old keyboard.
>
> That's all the info I have. I have no idea what keyboard it is, or how old
> the clip is. But I'd really love to find this clip again, if anyone can
> help
> me do that.
>
> Thanks a million!

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 3:24:23 AM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:20:12 GMT, sgordon@changethisparttohardbat.com
wrote:

>I liked when he said "Rock and Roll is very simple".

Well, it is. Isn't it?
!