hellrazor

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
I'm also looking for a good game pad. I have the sidewinders and they really suck! It seems like the don't respond quick enough. Anyways, I want to get something like a PS2 controller. Whats a good brand? I would like to keep it wired though.

cauldar1971

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
The Logitech gamepad is great, until it craps out on you 3 months in. I was on an NBA LIVE 2004 forum and there were multiple threads on this subject. It's the left analog stick that seems to go first and there's nothing that Logitech can do about it except tell you to turn it in under warranty. Mine died almost on cue.

A few weeks ago, I went to Radio Shack, bought a USB converter for the Playstation gamepad and bought myself a solid, proven gamepad. Haven't had a blip of trouble since... talk to me in a few months, though.

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Huh, my logitech dual action left analog stick died too. I thought it was just a fluke, but it seems they are poorly made.

Shame on you, Logitech.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>

BunnyStroker

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
After my Logitech Dual Action died on my I tried this <A HREF="http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=26-304" target="_new">PSX to USB converter</A> from Radio Shack.

Holy jeez, I love it. I can use a standard Playstation 2 controller and it works great for me in WinXP.

I knew it was a keeper when I booted up the ol' SNES emulator and was able to pull off three consecutive shoryukens in SF2 on the first try. I give it a high recommendation.

<b>1.4 Ghz AMD T-Bird underclocked to 1 Ghz...just to be safe!</b>