Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Recovery disc install

Last response: in Windows 7
July 3, 2012 2:28:15 AM

Hello,
I am trying to install windows 7 onto my new ssd and i have a recovery flash drive it loads up fine but doesn't give me the option onto which partition im installing i have a hp dv7 that has two hard drives i have a healthy windows partion on my old hdd and my sdd i want to put the same copy of windows the files show up on the drive like it was installed correctly and shows mbr partion but doesn't bood (on ssd) also it partioned my 128 gb to 80gb partiion in the middle and 10 gb at beginning of unallocated space and the rest unallocated at the hopefully i have win 7 home premium i have the key but no disc of os just recovery flashdrive

More about : recovery disc install

a b $ Windows 7
July 3, 2012 2:50:07 AM

thats HP for ya they make the recovery wizard simple and limited. the recovery disks just go by the original configuration of the computer. if HP has the cd key stuck somewhere on the computer i would go find another copy of windows 7 and use that to install it on an SSD drive

the one issue with at is it would install just wondows and not any other programs HP included with the computer

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
July 3, 2012 6:12:53 AM

+1 to captaincharisma, you can download an ISO from here
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604...
and burn it to a disk. All drivers available on HP site, you don't need the extra HP software (otherwise known as bloatware) plus it'll leave more room for proggies on your SSD...
Related resources
July 9, 2012 3:47:24 PM

Best answer selected by solidussnake.
July 9, 2012 3:48:47 PM

dodger46 said:
+1 to captaincharisma, you can download an ISO from here
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/604...
and burn it to a disk. All drivers available on HP site, you don't need the extra HP software (otherwise known as bloatware) plus it'll leave more room for proggies on your SSD...

Thank you i have considered this had access to iso of win7pro but no legal key had, msft acedemic alliance in past, i didn't know u could get legal iso thanx for the link
!