Boot Lock and Hard Disk Selection System: The Nick

kcrilly

Distinguished
May 28, 2003
Instead of putting in a keylock that takes up a slot, wouldnt it be better just to turn it off in the bios and set a password up? Seems kinda of waste to me.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
yea. those keylocks are dumb anyway. you can just open the case and take it off. oh, a lock on the case? you can put a lock made of whatever you want to, the hole the lock goes into is 1/16 of an inch sheet metal lol.

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I think it works like this: If someone is willing to get inside your case, a BIOS password is not going to deter them. My mother could get past a BIOS password.

It would probably be best to do both, but a determined thief can get through both protections easily...

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Twitch on 05/28/03 11:54 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You need all your files to be under 128 bit encryption with a 12 character keyword that cannot be found in the dictionary. It would probably take a brand new 3GHz system at least 3 years to crack...

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>