Abit IC7
3.0c
AIW R9700 Pro
an Antec case with truepower 430 watt
120gb WD
some sony 16x dvd drive
some sony floppy
2x512mb kingston hyperx pc3500 ram
some cheap belkin nci card, which I only put in the PCI slot but didn't connect the power cable(where the heck is the power for the pci device on this board anyways~!)

I tried my best t put them together and when I try to boot up, it will keep giving off this "bee-boo-bee-boo" sound non-stop then after 5 sec or so it will shut down. Damn it! What is wrong!? Could it be that I connected the cables wrong or something? I connected that really thick cable from the PSU to the motherboard. Then connected the fans to the cables with "FAN ONLY", and I connected the 9700 pro to one of the cables, and then at the other to the harddrive. The board comes with round cables. I connected the floppy one to the floppy and then to the mobo, this I did correctly. I also connected the IDE cable to the DVD drive(master end) to the HD(slave) then to the motherboard's 1st IDE slot. Can anybody help me!? I didn't set any jumpers for the HDD because I don't know how to nor do I know where are they! Somebody help me! This rig cost me 2k and it would suck to not being able to run it

G

First of all for that beeping sound, look in your motherboard manual, these beeps are telling you whats wrong in the PC. My guess would be the ram. SOme other ppl had problem with low latency RAM and 865/875 chipset. They fixed the problem by updating their BIOS.

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
It might be helpful for you to remove all unneccesary components and get the computer to boot up on barebones. Then add in other devices after you get it working.

As for your beeping problem, make sure everything is seated tightly and properly. Make sure: Your CPU is seated evenly and locked in place; Your memory is completely pushed in and locked in place; Your AGP card is completely pushed in and locked in place; All your power connectors are snug. It seems like common sense, but that's the stuff that usually gets overlooked.

You're also going to want to figure out the jumpers on your HD. You should install the HD as a Single Drive on the Primary, and the DVD as a Master on the Secondary. Check to make sure your Pin1 is oriented correctly on both ends.

Somebody help me! This rig cost me 2k and it would suck to not being able to run it

Just be patient with it, you'll get it sorted out. I'd check the seating on your processor/ram/cards first to maybe take care of the beeping. And read those manuals! It's tough when you're anxious to get your machine up and running, but most of your questions will be answered in the factory manuals.