Microsoft force feedback 2 joystick

HETATA

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Hello,
i had microsort force feedback 2 joystick and i dose not work with some games , my operating system is widows 7 .
is there is any solution to this problem
thaks
khaled

robgspeed

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
It is comapatible!, running it on windows 7 (64). search for "sw_ff2_software4.0.zip" on google - found it free on some szech site. unzip it and run the first setup in the list, it has a small icon infront of it near the top of the list, further down is another setup.exe with the large familaiar box icon that goes to .exe' usually - that one will crash. if you hit the correct one it will do a simple setup for the sidewinder. after running it unplug and replug in your usb connection and windows and the setup program will recognise it.

one-ness

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Same for me! It works perfectly with all 3 games I ran it with... I'm also running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
I didn't even have to install any additional drivers to get it up and running and the force feedback works great! I had a feeling it would. Many people say it's not compatible... For these issues it is not a compatibility issue with the operating system. it has to be something else... Software compatibility issues are more likely the case.

So far I have successfully tested it with X-Plane 10, Aerofly FS, and Microsoft FSX

Microsoft Force Feedback 2
A+ Compatibility with Win 7 x64
No issues what-so-ever!

I bought mine on ebay for only $26 and 5 for shipping! Needless to say, I'm a happy camper.

One more thing, if you haven't played Aerofly FS yet, Give it a run... If you're into Simulators, this is a definite must for the collection. Happy Flying! ~Jarrod :)

GamerBravo

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
Hello, I just registered here but i read this site for years, very helpful. About the controller, although it can kind of function in new systems, the Microsoft controller Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 isn't fully compatible, and it is listed as incompatible for windows 7 in Microsoft site. But in most games/simulators i tried, it indeed worked fine, but not all I tested, some of the forces are missing. Since I got a little impatience and there is no actual plan from Microsoft on creating an official or new driver for our controller... i just created today a fb page hoping to gather as many owners as possible. So we could demand the new driver for this great controller. Maybe we can show there are still many users and hope to have a little more demanding power. Just search for "Updated Driver Request" in fb site and join/invite those who are on the same plane(boat). I still hope for a new official driver.

Stealth3si

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010

I just bought the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and also request Microsoft to update their driver compatibility for this wonderful device on your Facebook.