AIW 9000 Pro Audio Problem

dean15

Distinguished
May 28, 2003
Problem Description:
HI,

I have a problem there is no sound when using the TV tuner and Composite input or when capturing video using the ATI MediaCentre 8.5 & AIW 9000 Pro. I've checked
all my connections and I can watch media files,DVD, CD's etc with no problems using other programs. I haved used the 'initialisation wizard' but when I select the 'Line
Input'option for audio recording then click 'Next' it keeps switching to the 'Mic Input' option. I am
using XP Pro (SP1), i've been into the control panels and
checked the correct recording source is selected and the level is turned up. I've been to the ATI site and installed the Catalyst 3.4 suite (i followed the installation instructions to the letter). I have Directx 9.0a & Media Encoder 7.01.00.3055 installed.
But still no joy, could anyone help please i've been trying to get this to work for the last 4 days. Many Thanks.

Kind Regards
Dean

sameat

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
I had the same problem with an AIW 8500DV. Went through the same lists of things to try, including multiple versions of the software.

Unfortunately, the only way I could find to get it working was to reinstall the OS. Everything is working fine now, using MMC 8.5 and the drivers on the MMC 8.5 CD (newer drivers caused other problems for me).

Sorry...this probably wasn't particularly helpful. I am going to be monitoring the situation as I add software...if I find the conflict, I'll let you know.

dean15

Distinguished
May 28, 2003
Thanks for the reply, it was useful because I'd suspected I would have to do that eventually. At least now I know I wont be wasting even more time trying to solve this problem. I contacted ATI support 5 days ago and they've given me a ticket number but I haven't heard anything since then. I'll let you know if they come up with an alternative solution. Many thanks.