Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 professional usb 2 0 to ide & sata driver

Last response: in Windows 7
July 4, 2012 4:27:13 AM

I bought a usb 2.0 to sata / ide so I could connect my old external hard drive from my old Windows XP computer to my windows 7 laptop. The USB 2.0 only wotls with Win 98, XP, ME and 2000. I need some thing that I can use to connect it to my Win 7 notebook

Debbie age 23 at Craftsman1912@yahoo.com
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 4, 2012 5:08:20 AM

as long as you have drivers for your device it should work fine in windows 7 as well.
a b $ Windows 7
July 4, 2012 12:53:19 PM

Hi NauticakNut

It is very rare for any standard USB storage (disk/memory) device to need an extra driver which is not part of XP or Vista or 7

This applies to USB to IDE/SATA bridge devices (you sometimes get a driver disk covering Windows 98 / ME & 2000)

Have you tried different ports on the Laptop or different PC's ?

regards
Mike Barnes
Related resources
July 8, 2012 3:56:37 PM

mbarnes86 said:
Hi NauticakNut

It is very rare for any standard USB storage (disk/memory) device to need an extra driver which is not part of XP or Vista or 7

This applies to USB to IDE/SATA bridge devices (you sometimes get a driver disk covering Windows 98 / ME & 2000)

Have you tried different ports on the Laptop or different PC's ?

regards
Mike Barnes

--------------------------------------------------

Windows 7 came with the driver allready installed.

I tried all my ports to no avail. Now, when I plugged my USB 2.0 to sata / ide device into my external hard drive which I

removed from my old computer and then plugged the other end of the USB 2.0 to sata / ide device into my USB port, I

tried waiting a few minutes to give the computer time to recognize it, when the computer didn't recognize it, I unplugged

the cable from the USB 2.0 to sata / ide device, not the USB, waited a minute or two and plugged it back in, waited

another minute and wahLa! The computer added another drive letter to my computer and there it was. All my old files.

I thank Tim from WorldStart for the infomation. And I thank you mbarnes86 and nhasian for your help and your replies.

Lil' Debbie
July 18, 2012 2:22:45 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions.
!