need help and facts on ddr quick

lumper

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2002
hi all, i am ordering tommorow morning.
i sweeeet setup.
this is a gaming machine, will be playing vietcong, americas army, tony hawk 4 q3, counterstrike, and doom3.

i am only stuck with memory for the moment.
here is the board i am ordering

ASUS Motherboard for Intel Pentium 4 / Celeron Processors, 800Mhz FSB Model# P4P800 DELUXE

with it i am getting a sata raptor 10k drive and a 2.6c ht supported chip.

now initialy i was going to order mushkin, i love mushkin and they have always been good to me.

is it safe to assume that if the 875 p4c supports it and the board is listed under mushkins approved/tested list that it will also run the same on the 865 p4p?

there modules arent listed under the asus memory guide page and the 865 chipset p4p 800 isnt on mushkins site or ocz's,the 875 chipset is though.

so i sent mushkin and ocz an email asking if there modules will perform on the p4p800.

i will hear back maybe tommorow or the next day, but i want to order in the morning asap.

so i thought about ordering some ocz memory instead, the specs look great but again they only list the 875 p4c not the 865 p4p on the supported mobo page, and asus doesnt list them on there site for that board either.

i am assuming the setup on the two boards in terms of memory performance is the same, right?
will i be safe with the mushkin or the ocz on that board?

what about corsair?
i hear it over and over, although i thought it was an nforce 2 thing.

in the past i have never been overly inpressed with corsair memory compared to mushkin so i really have little experience with it.

is corsair the best way to go when running this chipset?

can you shoot me a link to some tests results or other facts that would justify it?

and if so , and i mean not your opinion but if it is simply a fact that corsair is outperforming other brands then can you shoot me the exact model number that i should order to get 1 gig (2) 512's of dual channel please?

i want the best and wether it is a little more money or not im going to run what works best.

heres the specs/model # of the ocz

OCZ Dual Channel Optimized DDR PC-3200 High Performance. The Ultimate High End Memory 512MBX2 Model# OCZ4001024ELDC

if anyone is or has run this memory and would like to add your input i would really appreciate it.
i see small differences in claims to cas 2.2.3.5, and 2.2.3.6 both at 1t.
thanx in advance for reading this novel, i cant seem to keep em short.