Shuttle PCs (XPCs)

sdn_dude

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003
Hello All,

I am a reborn again gamer... Things like DOOM3 & HalfLife2 did it. I am looking at building a gmae machine but size does matter. I travel (through airports/on airplanes) about 25 days / month. (yeah that is a lot!). So I need to be able to carry my PC onboard as a carry on. So I was checking out the Shuttle XPC systems. I have one friend that swears by them. But besides him I know nothing about them. I want to drag (not litterally) this PC around the country going to friend's house to friend's hosue for mini LAN parties.

Do you recommend the Shuttle? Do you recommend against the Shuttle? What things should I look out for in the game machine? Advice? I will take any and all!

Thanks
sdn dude!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I definately recommend against all mini-ITX boards, and especially cube cases. They simply don't have any room for upgrades!

<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-108-174-01.JPG/11-108-174-06.JPG/11-108-174-02.JPG/11-108-174-03.JPG/11-108-174-04.JPG/11-108-174-05.JPG/11-108-174-07.JPG" target="_new">Here is a nice small Micro ATX case</A> which takes up just a tad more space than a cube, and holds a propper motherboard! Also, it looks good either standing up or laying down. When you lay it down, it's SHORTER than a cube. When you stand it up, it's narrower than a cube. And it's small enough to fit in a carray-on bag.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>