Closed

Ati mobility radeon hd 5000 windows 8

I Have a HP pavilion DV6 3065ea with ATI Radeon HD5470 video/graphics card. I upgraded to windows 8 and during install was asked to Reinstall ATI Mobility Control Centre in W8, I have downloaded from HP the file SP49517 and run it but when I view in Device Manager the display adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD5000 series (Microsoft Corporation-WDDM v1.20) has yellow triangle ( this device cannot start )code10, operation failed, the requested operation was unsuccessful.

Any suggestions please
17 answers Last reply
More about mobility radeon 5000 windows
  1. COLGeek said:

COLGeek thanks for your suggestion and links. I tried the two links but on running them I get the usual dialog box "do you want to allow changes" and agree but nothing happens after that! not even an error message.
    I have run AMD install manager and Control centre software already but the yellow triangle persists.
    Regards
  2. You may want to remove the previous drivers first with Driver Fusion (see below), then try again. You only need one of the 2 files I linked based on whether you have 32-bit or 64-bit Windows installed.

http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion
  3. I recently upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, and as to my Graphics hardware aspect, I had the problem of having the label "ATI Mobility Radeon 5000 Series-(Microsoft Corporation WDDM v1.20)" as my display driver in device manager. It was however a big problem because my programs, e.g. Photoshop CS6, could not detect my gpu. I've tried all possible solutions until I finally discovered one which is effective, at least for my case. I opened Device Manager, clicked Display Driver, right clicked on my device driver name, and clicked Update. Then, I chose "Browse my computer for driver software">"Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Then Windows will show you a list of currently and previously installed drivers, so just choose what you think your system will recognize. Hope this helps all who were like me before who has nearly lost all hope in Windows 8.
  4. yosef911 said:
    I recently upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, and as to my Graphics hardware aspect, I had the problem of having the label "ATI Mobility Radeon 5000 Series-(Microsoft Corporation WDDM v1.20)" as my display driver in device manager. It was however a big problem because my programs, e.g. Photoshop CS6, could not detect my gpu. I've tried all possible solutions until I finally discovered one which is effective, at least for my case. I opened Device Manager, clicked Display Driver, right clicked on my device driver name, and clicked Update. Then, I chose "Browse my computer for driver software">"Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Then Windows will show you a list of currently and previously installed drivers, so just choose what you think your system will recognize. Hope this helps all who were like me before who has nearly lost all hope in Windows 8.

Yosef911 thank you for your suggestion, at the moment I have the following driver running correctly, ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 series (Microsoft Corporation-WDDM v1.1) this seems to be ok. I uninstalled the HD5000 one although my so called on board graphic card is an HD5470 i.e. (5000 series).
    I did get a strange message from running the AMD graphics analysis program saying I did not have a proper graphics card! I think this is because my machine is a laptop and the graphics are on board. If I get any software issues I will give your findings a try. many thanks for your reply.

Regards Alibaba33
  5. alibaba33 said:
    I Have a HP pavilion DV6 3065ea with ATI Radeon HD5470 video/graphics card. I upgraded to windows 8 and during install was asked to Reinstall ATI Mobility Control Centre in W8, I have downloaded from HP the file SP49517 and run it but when I view in Device Manager the display adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD5000 series (Microsoft Corporation-WDDM v1.20) has yellow triangle ( this device cannot start )code10, operation failed, the requested operation was unsuccessful.

Any suggestions please
  6. alibaba33 said:
    COLGeek said:

COLGeek thanks for your suggestion and links. I tried the two links but on running them I get the usual dialog box "do you want to allow changes" and agree but nothing happens after that! not even an error message.
    I have run AMD install manager and Control centre software already but the yellow triangle persists.
    Regards
  7. roshanranadeera said:
    alibaba33 said:
    COLGeek said:

Regards

Scan your system for malware and viruses. Also, verify that your user account has administrator permission (required for Catalyst to install).
  8. Can you elaborate on what you did please.I have the same issue as you.I tried various fixes but nothing worked.And no issue have cropped up as of yet?

Yosef911 thank you for your suggestion, at the moment I have the following driver running correctly, ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 series (Microsoft Corporation-WDDM v1.1) this seems to be ok. I uninstalled the HD5000 one although my so called on board graphic card is an HD5470 i.e. (5000 series).
    I did get a strange message from running the AMD graphics analysis program saying I did not have a proper graphics card! I think this is because my machine is a laptop and the graphics are on board. If I get any software issues I will give your findings a try. many thanks for your reply.

Regards Alibaba33
  9. hukummereaka said:
    Can you elaborate on what you did please.I have the same issue as you.I tried various fixes but nothing worked.And no issue have cropped up as of yet?

Regards Alibaba33

10. hukummereaka I have tried so many things it's difficult to remember! in device manager under display adapter do you have the ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 series (Microsoft Corporation-WDDM v1.1 driver, if not what have you got? if you have anything else with the yellow triangle, uninstall it/them, restart machine and this should load the HD4200 driver above. I have also since the previous mails
    loaded the amd 13.4 driver (link below) which has not removed HD4200 driver but has installed Catalyst Control Centre and seems to be running ok. do this at your own risk as after doing so many things can't predict outcome on your system. the only thing I can't get to work on mine is video and sound via HDMI port to HDTV, next hurdle!
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx
  11. haijun1122, why are you posting to this forum and on this thread as it has nothing to do with it?
  12. alibaba33 said:
    haijun1122, why are you posting to this forum and on this thread as it has nothing to do with it?

Those posts have been reported to the moderators. They will take care of the problem.
  13. COLGeek said:
    alibaba33 said:
    haijun1122, why are you posting to this forum and on this thread as it has nothing to do with it?

Those posts have been reported to the moderators. They will take care of the problem.

Thanks COLGeek but should I have used the report abuse button or is there another way of contacting the moderators when you get posts like those? I am not very up on forum ways, hence the reason I posted the sender
    Regards alibaba33
  14. alibaba33 said:
    COLGeek said:
    alibaba33 said:

Thanks COLGeek but should I have used the report abuse button or is there another way of contacting the moderators when you get posts like those? I am not very up on forum ways, hence the reason I posted the sender
    Regards alibaba33

Yes, in the future, just use the "Report Abuse" link.
  15. alibaba33 said:

Any suggestions please

see it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/I-upgraded-to-Windows-8-How-do-I-get-switchable-graphics-to/td-p/2213275
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers ATI Windows 8 Mobility Radeon