AOK Missing Campaigns

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I recently reinstalled Age of Empires II: Age of Kings on
my new computer. When I try to register the game with
Microsoft from the CD, I get a message that that wizard
is no longer available. When I run the game under Single
Player , I have only one Campaign for Barbarosa - 1. Holy
Roman Emperor. Does the registration process unlock the
other Campaigns? How can I get to the other Campaigns?

"rbw" <rbwarren@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
> I recently reinstalled Age of Empires II: Age of Kings on
> my new computer. When I try to register the game with
> Microsoft from the CD, I get a message that that wizard
> is no longer available. When I run the game under Single
> Player , I have only one Campaign for Barbarosa - 1. Holy
> Roman Emperor. Does the registration process unlock the
> other Campaigns? How can I get to the other Campaigns?

When I changed PCs (Win98SE to WinXP) about 1.5 years ago I reinstalled
AOK/The Conquerors CDs. I recall no registration process. I found that the
first scenarios of each campaign were available, but not numbers 2 through 6
(or however many each campaign has). But if you remember that's that way
they were the first time you installed the game. If you don't want to go
though playing and winning each scenario in order, you can go into the first
one and enter the cheat code to immediately cause you to win (i r winner).
The next one should then show up. Then go to the second scenario in that
campaign, do the same thing, go to the third one, etc.

Now if you're saying that only the first scenario of Barbarossa is showing
up, but not the first scenario of the other campaigns (William Wallace, Joan
of Arc, Saladin, Genghis Khan)... then I'm at a loss to help you. The only
thing I can suggest is try what I said above. Maybe when you get through the
last Barbarossa scenario the next campaign will show up.

-
Michael Ward
Fort Worth, Texas