Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I was wondering if there was a no cd patch out there for AOE2. I want to
play it on my home network, but you are going to see me going out to buy 2
more copies just so we can play together? Any idea where I can get one?

Thanks.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Hi Flappy,

Some games, Age of Empires comes to mind, will allow you
to play on up to 3 computers on a home network using only
one CD. Some other games such as Halo don't allow this.

If your game allows it, you should be able to insert the CD
in one computer, host a the LAN game, and then remove
the CD and insert it into the other computer start the game
and join the LAN game being hosted by the other computer.

Most games have a EULA (licence agreement) which will
explain their LAN game policy, and a readme file explaining
how to setup a multiplayer game on your LAN/home network.

I hope this information helps you, and best of luck to you! :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Flappy" <flapjaks @ hotmail.com> wrote in message news:kK5nc.100564$ZJ5.2249002@news20.bellglobal.com...
| I was wondering if there was a no cd patch out there for AOE2. I want to
| play it on my home network, but you are going to see me going out to buy 2
| more copies just so we can play together? Any idea where I can get one?
|
| Thanks.

Daniel

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

You can find them scattered across the internet, I like

www.gamecopyworld.com

because pretty-much everywhere else you look you'd better
have auto-anti-spyware-adware-virus systems to the max.

They're usually an ".exe" that you overwrite your current
one with (after backing it up somewhere) that removes the
CD-check at the beginning and just launches the blasted
program. You have to get a new one every time a patch
comes out, so make sure you keep it backed up.

It's technically not illegal if you properly own and have
all the liscences for the product. As long as it's only
for convenience, it's legit, and I really hate bumbling
around with CDs, especially when you have a house full of
little kids.

You can also use CD copying programs like Alcohol or
Virtual Drive.

http://www.farstone.com/home/en/shtml/gamecopyoverview.sht
ml

Gaming drive is (pretty much) the most expensive, but it
has a ZERO learning curve and is very basic. Then you can
just insert it in to a "virtual" drive to run the game,
the game will think it's a CD drive, but it's actually
just a file on your computer. Problem is, you need the
program to copy it, you have to copy it, and it can
gobble up lots of space (like 650meg a CD or so,
depending on compression, which makes them more compact
but is generally bad for performance).

Hope this helps...

Nik

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

Thanks Daniel!

You have just solved my problem as well. one more
question, once you have the crack file, where do you place
it to make it work? nik