New install problem

andyvet32

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I just loaded a new copy of windows 7 home 64. Now my computer doesn't recognize my printer or Ethernet cable. Help!

Solution

it wont till you load some of the mb drivers.
there should be a mb cd that came with the mb. on that cd will be the drivers you need. they will be older then the ones onlone but they will get you online. the first one you need is the intel chipset driver. this load the driver for the pci bridge drivers for the mb. after it installs you have to reboot. then you can install the usb/sound/network drivers from the cd. will all the drivers loaded you should not see any yellow !! in windows device manager. after windows updates itself with all it service packs. go online and download the newest drivers for your mb..or you...

it wont till you load some of the mb drivers.
there should be a mb cd that came with the mb. on that cd will be the drivers you need. they will be older then the ones onlone but they will get you online. the first one you need is the intel chipset driver. this load the driver for the pci bridge drivers for the mb. after it installs you have to reboot. then you can install the usb/sound/network drivers from the cd. will all the drivers loaded you should not see any yellow !! in windows device manager. after windows updates itself with all it service packs. go online and download the newest drivers for your mb..or you can from another pc get the newest drivers now and put them on a cd or usb stick.

Solution

terryd75

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Of course it doesn't. Those are hardware related issues. They have to have the correct drivers installed for them to work. You need to go to the manufacturers website, and download the 64 bit drivers for your hardware. Once you get it all working, you're going to love Windows 7 and 64 bit benefits. Especially, if you are going to use more than 3 gb of ram. Good luck!

andyvet32

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

Asrock z77 extreme6, 3570k, 8gb mem

If I cant get on the internet, Can i get the drivers another way?
I don't have my disk that came with the board....