PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
Ok since no one is really paying attention to my other post about ram I'm going to try again and name a specific ram. I just saw that there is a matched pair of low latency GeIL ram just outside my price range close enough however that I am tempted to get it anyway. So I need to know has anyone here had any good or bad experience with GeIL ram? I want to use it to overclock my P4 2.8 ghz 800 FSB on my MSI 865 neo2-LS board.

Also the Ram that I'm looking at is PC3500 and the board only supports up to 400 FSB and PC3500 is 433 so I also wonder can I just put it in my board and tell my board to think of it as PC3200 ram and then it will be happy and overclock for me to 3.22 ghz? or will the mboard be angry? and not work?

Visser

Distinguished
May 22, 2003
Im here to ask exactly that question, nice and conveniant.

Ive read ~10 reviews that absolutly LOVED the stuff, 1 review that loved it, then updated it saying how bad it was later on. Another place hated it completely but i think they were on some kind of drugs so im ignoring them.

I can tell you that you will be able to run it at pc3200 fine, and maybe even OC the board to 3500.

What i need to know is, is the stuff any good?

G

Ya the Pc3500 will be perfectly suited for and overclocked system...I dont have any experience with GeIL but it seems like good quality ram.

PhoenixKnights

Distinguished
May 16, 2003
From what I've been pulling up I think GeIL loves intel based systems, but doesn't play friendly with AMD based. Also it can't be overclocked as high as corsair can. However I think I'm going to take a chance on it equip my p4 2.8 ghz mobo with it and the MSI 865 Neo2 and see if I can overclock it to 3.22 ghz. I figgure it's not that far of a overclock, and it's intel based so Geil should play friendly with the cpu, and motherboard and hopefully do what I want it to do overclocking wise.