Best Reverb for Vocals??

Last response: in Home Audio
May 8, 2005 8:38:15 PM

I would appreciate any feedback on what you might suggest for a lead
vocal reverb unit or plugin.
The vocal is female and is pure in sound with an orchestra behind her,
do the reverb has to sound killer.
I am used to the Lex 300 for I like the smoothness of the reverb tail.
Unfortunately the studio only has the Sony 2000A. Any ideas?
kevin

More about : reverb vocals

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 1:45:51 PM

Matrixmusic <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote:
>I would appreciate any feedback on what you might suggest for a lead
>vocal reverb unit or plugin.
>The vocal is female and is pure in sound with an orchestra behind her,
>do the reverb has to sound killer.
>I am used to the Lex 300 for I like the smoothness of the reverb tail.
>Unfortunately the studio only has the Sony 2000A. Any ideas?

Try the Sony and see. I think the Sony DPS-V77 is a real sleeper and
gives you the cleanest reverb tail I have heard, short of using a real
chamber. I don't think the sampling reverbs are really that much better.
So I would be curious how the 2000A performs.

I suppose a chamber or real plate is out of the question?
--scott

May 9, 2005 6:39:28 PM

Try http://www.anwida.com/spazio.asp

"Matrixmusic" <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote in message
>I would appreciate any feedback on what you might suggest for a lead
> vocal reverb unit or plugin.
> The vocal is female and is pure in sound with an orchestra behind her,
> do the reverb has to sound killer.
> I am used to the Lex 300 for I like the smoothness of the reverb tail.
> Unfortunately the studio only has the Sony 2000A. Any ideas?
> kevin

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 9:27:37 PM

"Matrixmusic" <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote in message news:1115595495.722656.319130@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I would appreciate any feedback on what you might suggest for a lead
> vocal reverb unit or plugin.
> The vocal is female and is pure in sound with an orchestra behind her,
> do the reverb has to sound killer.
> I am used to the Lex 300 for I like the smoothness of the reverb tail.
> Unfortunately the studio only has the Sony 2000A. Any ideas?
> kevin

I've never heard a SONY reverb that coudn't be tweaked to work well.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com