erdie

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
someone has given me a copy of an old game called Wargasm, i have tried to play it and it seems pretty good. The only problem is that there is no paper instruction manual, i eventually found one on the disc in PDF format. But i am not able to print it out as the print option is greyed out and it is to hard to read(and remember) the manual from my monitor. Does anyone know of any way that i can make the programme let me print this out.
erdie

computers! Theirs one born every minute.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Could you copy (using the [abc] button) the document, or the relevent parts of it and paste it into word or other editor?

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

erdie

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
no it wont let me copy and paste either.
Maybe i should just try and develop a photographic memory over christmas and remember the manual

computers! Theirs one born every minute.

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
as a last resort, I suppose you could take screenshots of the important parts, bit ott but would work.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers

erdie

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
yes that is what i will have to do i dont know why i didn't think of doing that in the first place. It may take a bit of time but i cant play the game properly without the instructions.
thanks

<font color=red>computers! There's one born every minute.</font color=red>

knowan

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2001
The reason you can't print or copy/paste is that you're using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. You need to use the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader) to be able to print/copy/edit ect.

--------------
Knowan likes you. Knowan is your friend. Knowan thinks you're great.

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
That is not the reason. You CAN copy and print using the reader. You just can't edit the pdf. The probable reason is that the actual pdf is a copy-protected file. See if google can find you a cracker for it. oops. illegal stuff. hush hush. Beware, if you're in the US you are in breach of the DMCA, which carries mandatory heavy penalties... :wink:

<font color=red><i>99% of statistics are made up!</i></font color=red>

erdie

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
i took advice from calv on this and took a screeshot from the relevant pages and pasted them into word and then printed that out.
I have got a few versions of the reader and it wouldnt let me print out on any of them, and i have been able to do that in the past.

<font color=red>computers! There's one born every minute.</font color=red>