Laptop w/o Windows installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Anybody know of if you can buy a quality laptop without Windows? I have several legit copies of Windows XP Pro and don't want to have to buy another license. Are there any manufacturers who sell just the "hardware"?

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
If I can discover a manufacturer who sells quality laptops w/o OS, I can review their catalog/web site and pick or build my own. It's not so much price as not having to buy Windows XP Pro again.

Got any manufacturers in mind? (New)

Mech

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
CyberpowerPC lets you configure your own laptop, with or without OS installed. Here's their website: www.cyberpowerpc.com
Also, Rawpower PC lets you configure everything as well, including the option of excluding an OS. www.rawpowerpc.com
Just a fwe quick links off the top of my head lol. I'll keep an eye out for those barebones too.
You can probly also request one from KillerNotebooks lol. From what I've seen and heard I'm fairly confident that he'll be willing to build one for you. Personally I'm waiting for the Turion X2 to come out. Not that I have anything against Intel, its just that I've had a longer and better experience with AMD.

Semi75

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
If you are looking for a high end notebook you may also check out Sager, the os is not installed unless you request it.

Mech

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
KillerNotebooks is a manufacturer. He is active in this forum as well. Look for his SN and maybe PM him?

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004
Check out pctorque.com They sell everything you want. Their prices are good and their resellerrating is top notch. These guys are reallypopular over at notebookforums.com... They're bound to have something your looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.