USB port problem on Acer Aspire 5750z

phil_23

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Hello,I have just purchased an Acer Aspire 5750Z
and while the CD/DVD drive is fine the USB ports will not recognise my memory sticks to download data. When installing the stick it comes up Open Folder To View Files OR Speed Up My System but will not shown normal message to download data etc. What do I do to have my system recognise my memory stick

It is recognizing it - the message it is displaying is just asking what you want it to do -- use the thumbdrive as extra system RAM to speed up the system ( READY BOOST - see here for more info http://www.readyboostmemory.com/what-is-readyboost.html ) or use it as a storage device --- answer Open Folder to view files and that will open the usb drive as a normal storage device which you can add files to just like you would any other HDD. OR select the other alternative (do nothing) and it will just add the device to my computer as a removable storage device.

phil_23

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Hi guys thanks for that but can you tell me how to download the data to my note book, it is charts for a navigation programme which is already installed. I can't seem to get them to download!!

phil_23

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012

Hi there, Thank you for that what I am trying to do is download the data that is on my memory stick to my computer.
The data is charts required for a navigation programme installed on my notebook. ;)

phil_23

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
Hi and thanks for you help as you may gather I am a novice at this. The Navigation programme is OpenCPN version 3.0.0. This part is installed on my computer. The relevant charts are on my memory stick as I have just replaced my notebook. I have checked on my desktop and stick downloads OK there.