AOE2 zone problem

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.ageofkings (More info?)

I am running windows xp and comcast high-speed
connection. When I join a game, it will launch, but as
soon as it gets to the setting up multi. game screen it
stalls a long time then says unable to join game. I have
the cd installed, I have downloaded version 2.0b, and
that is it. I may be missing somthing to install or some
connection settings. Please send all possibilities for
this problem. Thank You

--
Sounds like there's a firewall in your home router or DSL Modem:

Call the tech support for that unit, and ask them to either setup a
"DMZ" (De-Militarized Zone which means the firewall is disabled)
to bypass the built-in firewall, or open the necessary ports in the
equipment with you... Here's the List of all Ports used by Zone
and DX Games: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html#ports
(See your router's manual or that website for self help instructions)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms