Sign in with
Your question

Fan/CPU HS/Mobo combo compatability question

Last response: in Components
June 4, 2003 11:36:26 PM

HEAT SINK: Thermalright SLK-900-U ( Heatsink ONLY ).
FAN: Panasonic Panaflo Axial Fan 92x92x25.5mm,
CPU: AMD ATHLON XP 2500 "Barton" 333 FSB PROCESSOR CPU- OEM
MOTHERBOARD: Abit NF7-M

Thanks

According to the heatsinks manufacturer, the NF7-S board is compatable, and in the images, the NF7-S and M are very similar in appearance around the CPU. Does anyone know if there is a conflict between these two components?

Additionally, I'm trying to get a relatively quite fan for my computer, to put on there, is that a good fan? Or is there another reccomendation (preferably something I can get from Newegg, Googlegear or if necessary, ECS or Ajump). Will I need a cable converter to plug the power into the mobo? I can't find one of those anywhere, what are some manufacturers?

-Sig-

nVidia didn't make me an nVidia fanboy, ATi, and lack of other serious competition made me an nVidia fanboy.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jimstapleton on 06/04/03 07:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
June 5, 2003 1:45:41 PM

Well Panaflo fans are known for their silence so I think that fan will do fine.

And I think the NF7-M also will be able to fit the SLK900U as the only major difference between them is the onboard video which is build into the northbridge.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek: 
June 5, 2003 6:56:41 PM

thanks.

BTW: how far does the wormhold your fan produces cause? :-P

-Sig-

nVidia didn't make me an nVidia fanboy, ATi, and lack of other serious competition made me an nVidia fanboy.
June 6, 2003 3:35:11 PM

I've tried to send in some screws and they fanished... according to calculations made by ESA it reaches the Andromeda galaxy.

My CPU fan spins so fast that it creates a wormhole :eek: 
!