Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[Solved] Unsupported 16 bit application for windows 7 home prenium

Last response: in Windows 7
July 5, 2012 1:55:23 AM

I tried downloading a really fun game called Dynasty Warriors Online, I have always been a fan of the series, So anyway when I tried to download it it says I have a Unsupported 16 bit application. Help please?
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2012 2:27:36 AM

16 bit programs, like civ2 can not run on a 64 bit os. It should run in windows 7 2 bit.
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2012 2:39:02 AM

In some cases, just the installer(or just the download it self) is 16 bit(many older programs that are 32 bit had simple 16 bit installers), if you run into this, you may be able to extract the game it self with winrar or similar.

I say this because that game does not seem THAT old.
Related resources
July 5, 2012 2:46:07 AM

nukemaster said:
In some cases, just the installer(or just the download it self) is 16 bit(many older programs that are 32 bit had simple 16 bit installers), if you run into this, you may be able to extract the game it self with winrar or similar.

I say this because that game does not seem THAT old.

COuld you tell me how to do this? or atleast give me a video of where I can do it so you dont have to?

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2012 2:50:13 AM

screw it, gonna go download this thing and see what it does.

So far they give me a "dynastywarriors_us_downloader.exe".

Now this is a 32 bit program that is downloading the game.

Time to see what happens. And this kind of makes me want to go get Gunz :) 
July 5, 2012 4:03:17 AM

Best answer selected by DevonDerp.
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2012 4:19:22 AM

Did you get the game to run? I am still patching.

Ok well the game with its installer seems to work, but seems to disconnect allot. But it should install and play.
July 5, 2012 6:15:58 AM

nukemaster said:
Did you get the game to run? I am still patching.

Ok well the game with its installer seems to work, but seems to disconnect allot. But it should install and play.

Aw man it was working then the problem came again
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2012 12:28:51 PM

can you get a screen shot of the error?
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2012 4:22:40 PM

Very strange, guess i will have to play with it some more.

All I did was install it then use the launcher to update. after all that, the game started right up.

So you have not got the game to install yet? I see you have downloaded the installer several times. None have downloaded the full game?
July 6, 2012 12:15:44 AM

nukemaster said:
Very strange, guess i will have to play with it some more.

All I did was install it then use the launcher to update. after all that, the game started right up.

So you have not got the game to install yet? I see you have downloaded the installer several times. None have downloaded the full game?

Yeah, I tried several times, I think its the installer thats broken for me, no problem with download at all. Whats strange though, I have been able to play this game on my computer before, and then my computer did something wrong and I had to do a full reset thing reset my computer to be like how I got it in the beginning, Now I can't download it! :cry:  :pfff: 
a b $ Windows 7
July 6, 2012 2:50:28 AM

Ok, well lets try to get the file from another source. The free download seems fast too so why not

http://www.shacknews.com/file/21256/dynasty-warriors-on...

I am downloading it now and will MD5 check it to ensure it is EXACTLY like the one the downloader game me.

This will still have to get all kinds of patches after it installs, but its the same with the downloader from aeria games

EDIT.

MD5 seems to match. A28CCB47675D83EA8EB8FAC285A6B356

Hope this works better.
July 6, 2012 5:04:50 AM

197512,13,34470 said:
Ok, well lets try to get the file from another source. The free download seems fast too so why not

http://www.shacknews.com/file/21256/dynasty-warriors-on...

I am downloading it now and will MD5 check it to ensure it is EXACTLY like the one the downloader game me.

This will still have to get all kinds of patches after it installs, but its the same with the downloader from aeria games

EDIT.

MD5 seems to match. A28CCB47675D83EA8EB8FAC285A6B356

Hope this works better.[/quotem

Nuke I, tried downloading this version before, takes a while but It shows something different saying blah blah blah but it says I think about the same thing as unsupported 16 bit application, only it says it like paraphasing. :sweat: 

EDIT : This was actually the first way of how I downloaded the first time, because someone the site linked me to this when I clicked download.
a b $ Windows 7
July 6, 2012 5:10:07 AM

I am kind of at a loss, when I get a chance, I will try it on some other computers to see if I can get it to do that.

By any chance, could your virus scanner dislike this game. It seems many users have reported issues with some like bit defender.

Does the game give you a UAC(dull screen with a DO you want to message) prompt to install? If not try to right click the installer and select run as administrator.

Can i get an image of the new error.
July 6, 2012 5:35:56 AM

197543,15,34470 said:
I am kind of at a loss, when I get a chance, I will try it on some other computers to see if I can get it to do that.

By any chance, could your virus scanner dislike this game. It seems many users have reported issues with some like bit defender.

Does the game give you a UAC(dull screen with a DO you want to message) prompt to install? If not try to right click the installer and select run as administrator.

Can i get an image of the new error.[/quI

Ill try and do the admistrator thing, and i dont have a virus scanner
July 6, 2012 7:33:39 PM

omg I think the shacknack thing worked ! Its currently installing ! !!!

NukeMaster I love the things to help me, Ill come back if it doesn't work,

I sincerly Appreciate all the hardwork to help me, Thank you ! : )
!